KL Car Rental (long term)

Hi,

Have read few posts regarding renting car in KL. I am curious to know that when I land up in KL next month can I...

a. Acquire a new driving licence (learning - i guess for first 2 yrs) within first 2-3 mnths. I have an indian driving licence which I understand does not work in Malaysia and one has to opt for a new one.

b. Is there a good car rental company (best of the local brands or maybe nissan/honda/hyundai etc small family car for 3 people). I am looking at monthly rates incl all costs upto 1700 - 1800 RM. Be great if you can chip in with few Car rental company references with your supported personal experience.

Cheers,
Ron

Anyone could reply, pls dnt feel shy.

OR Did i just post a very hard question here...:P

i think proton is good  car its also local brand and its very famous here

you can convert your licence to a local one or international

Contact felix relocations they will do it for you. Very quick and reliable and they will talk you through the whole process.

Try Hertz for car rental.

hi, or try Yogan - he has variety of cars

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]

thnks...so is it easy renting a car , rather than purchasin one maybe second hand ....

i hear the new 1's can cost a ton...

To mobilize- I suggest you apply for International Driving licence in your country-should be instantly approved if you have a local valid DL .  Many car rental agencies accept IDL in Malaysia--you can drive for a year- while applying for Malaysian DL during this time.

Hi rental in Malaysia is very expensive and the big players like hertz would charge more than your budget. Local hire firms can get older protons for that but most are slightly dodgy. It is your only choice fir first few months as buying a car means being here a few months first. Buying is the best option.

As for driving license get an IDP and when here try to convert it. I converted my British license with ease however other Brits report being told to take a test. Approval is just random no sense or logic to it!

[Moderated: pls register your company in the Kuala Lumpur Business Directory]