Importing a car from Brunei to KL: would anyone recommend this??

Hi all,

I am hoping to relocate from Brunei to KL at the end of this year. I am well aware that 2nd hand cars are very expensive in this region, so I was considering bringing my cars with me - depending on what the shipping costs are, ofcourse. I figure it just might work out as cost effective to do that, rather than sell them here in Brunei (which I will have to do for bargain prices so that I can sell them fast when I'm ready to leave), and then fork out extortionate amounts of money just to replace them like-for-like when I get to KL.

However, from what I have read, there can be horrendous amounts of paperwork to contend with getting them re-registered as Malaysian cars, and there could also be up to 300% import tax to pay! But even so, it STILL might be cost effective for me to bring my own cars... For example, I have a 5yr old Toyota Fortuna which I could sell locally (in Brunei) for $25K-$30k. What could I buy one for in KL?

If anyone has any experience of this process or any wise words to share, I would be most grateful for your thoughts.

Many thanks in advance!