Can i Drive Motor Bike with Indian Driving Licence?

Hello Everyone,

I have heard that Foreigner Driving rules was changed in Malaysia effect from oct 2018. Can i drive motor Bike with my original attested driving Licence.

Thanks
Shabeer

The instruction was that a foreign licence could be used as long as the holder had an International Driving Permit.

Failing that, for Indian Nationals attestation by BLS (on behalf of Indian High Commission) was also acceptable https://www.blsindia-malaysia.com/dl_attest.php

Suggest you check how your Indian licence compares to the rules for Malaysian motorbike ones - if there are any requirements for more or less powerful bikes and whether your licence covers your needs here.

(It's a very long story about exchanging to Malaysian Licences and there have also been difficulties with doing that because it did not seem possible to get an IDP from Malaysia based on an exchanged licence. A general overhaul of arrangements is apparently underway and there will be announcements in the future from JPJ)

Hi Gravitas,

Thanks for information . Are you sure shall we ride a motor bike (B2 )category with Indian High Commission Attestation?

Thanks
Shabeer

That's why I wrote for you to check the CC allowed** - to make sure its compatible with your licence and what you intend to drive here. Check the BLS link for guidance.

**B2 = under 250 cc