Getting Spouse and Kid's VISA for short term work permit travel

Hi,

I will travel to Brussels for 88 days with short term work VISA. I would like to know the clause of applying sengen VISA for my dependent wife and kid who will travel after my travel and will stay for a period of 1 month with me.

Can anyone guide me with the process? Based on my research it seems I need to apply for a tourist VISA for my wife and kid. Do I need to raise the their VISA applications along with mine showing them as my dependent furnishing my financial statement?

Thanks,

Abhi

@helloabhisek2012

Hi

As the Visa process for reunion takes times and feasible for long stay D type visa; you should apply for short term tourist visa or Schengen visa. I think this is the best option available to you.

@eshtaranyal, Thanks for your response. I would like to know if my wife and kid travel a month later to my start start date, whether I can show them as my dependents in their short term (a month maximum) tourist VISA application. Also, if I mention the purpose clearly in the cover letter with my work permit and VISA details, whether that will be the correct process. I am planning to book the VFS appointment slot together so I can furnish my financial proof with their application.

Hi are you from south africa

@Babitha De Ruyter

Hello, to know where a member is from, just move your cursor on the round avatar/photo of the member. You'll see his nationality/flag.

Both members are from India.

Regards

Bhavna

@helloabhisek2012

If you are travelling for work (short stay) always risky to apply for visitor visa for family. Instead an independent application for Schengen visa seems better option

@helloabhisek2012 The visa you have received for your work, is it a short stay visa(type C) or a long term visa(Type D)?