Seeking Employment in Saudi Arabia - Guidance Needed

Hello expat community,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently based in France and am looking to permanently relocate to Saudi Arabia. I am seeking employment in the field of commerce, open to any position at any level.

I hold a Bachelor degree in Business Unit Management, acquired through my studies in France. I am reaching out to this forum in the hope of receiving valuable guidance on how to kickstart my job search in Saudi Arabia.

I would appreciate any advice or information regarding job opportunities, application processes, or general tips on navigating the job market in Saudi Arabia. If anyone has insights or experiences to share, I would be grateful for your input.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Kamel

1) Read the advice posted in the forums

2) What is the specific job you are looking for?   keep in mind that Saudi is TOTALLY UNLIKE the rest of the GCC because they match your degree to the profession on your visa to the job that you will do.  Simply, this means that for most finance / commerce jobs, you need to register with the Saudi accountants body who certify your degree (you should have a proper accounting qualification like CA/CIMA/CPA etc. or a Bachelor/Master in a related field with certain number of credit hours in accounting courses done in Saudi which is very expensive) to be able to even work in that field.  Read the posts in the forum about people crying that their SOCPA membership was cancelled - meaning that their degrees weren't accepted and they are about to lose their jobs / visas

3) Employers generally prefer to hire candidates who are already here as the visa processes to recruit people from outside are VERY cumbersome and painful.  At the very least, they prefer people who are already in the middle east so that they can fit in the culture easier

4) Rule of thumb is, the more senior you are with depth / breadth of experience and transferrable skills, the better your chances are.  If you are a fresh graduate, forget about it