Baby Things

Hello Everyone,
I have been living in Austria with my husband for the past year.  We are having a baby in October.  We are staying here until June of next year.  I have brought alot of baby things from the US but need to pick up a few things like crib linnens and baby washcloths etc.  I was wondering if there were any cheap stores I could get these things from.  I say cheap because we will most likely be tossing them when the baby is 7 months and then heading back to the states.  Does anyone have any ideas where I can pick up odds and ends for the baby.  We also need some big items like car seat, crib and stroller.  The car seat we aren't goingto pick up cheap because its important to have a safe one.  The crib I think we will get from IKEA.  However I need all the things to go with everything.  Thanks for you help.  Also where are the best places to get creams, diapers and wash for the baby?  Do I just watch for it to go on sale in the papers or is there a store that will generally carry it cheaper. 
Thanks,
Katy

Hi katy,

Just thought I would offer any help I can.  I have a 3 year old who was 10 months when we first arrived and am also having the second baby here.

Ikea is best for cheap wash clothes, towels, odds and ends.  Even stuff like crib bedding I have found cheapest there.  Believe me we have been through like 3 sets already ;)  Kika, has stuff that is good but pretty pricy.  You could look there for a stroller and carseat.  Maxi Cosi is supposed to be the best seat brand and many of my friends here have it and love it.  We did bring our Britax from home, but I will be buys the Maxi for the new baby.  Strollers are pretty complex here but my advice is the Phil & Teds strollers.  I have one, bought a couple others and keep going back to my phil & Teds because it is amazing.  It can turn into a double, it has a bassinet and isn't to big or heavy.  Seriously best investment hands down.

For creams and washes, German friends and our pediatrician has said Penaten is the best, you can find it anywhere and it works well.

Anyway sorry for the long response but thought these are some of my tips that might help

Good luck!  Ashley