Following fashion in Austria

Hi everyone,

Do you follow fashion trends in Austria? Every country and every culture has its own dress code. As far as you are concerned, have you changed the way you dress?

Can one easily find fashion boutiques in Austria? Are clothes expensive there? Or cheap?

What do Austrians usually wear or like to wear the most?

Share your experience!

Priscilla

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/58/1d/ea/581dea543ca6bba33d42cab6024d6a6c.jpg
Austrian Typical dirndl skirted pinafores for the women and lederhosen for the men.

Lederhosen are leather shorts or breeches, often with braces, worn by boys and men in German-speaking European countries - particularly in Austria, (and Bavaria in Southern Germany.) There is a widespread belief that Austrians and Bavarians wear their lederhosen all year round, yet this is certainly not the case.

A dirndl is the name of a traditional feminine dress worn in Austria, South Tyrol and Bavaria. It is based on the traditional clothing of Alps peasants. Dresses that are loosely based on the dirndl are known as Landhausmode ("country-inspired fashion").

I love fashion and go always for simple, stylish and elegant clothes whether they are with a hint of being sporty or serious. What I love about Austria and the Company I work for here is that I have freedom within this area of my preference. I come one day in the office in a serious elegant dress and another day in comfortable trousers and a jumper. Of course all the time clean, neat and simple but this is what I like. I am grateful there is no strict dresscode like suits only or no trainers at all in the office. It doesn't kill my creativity in dressing up 😊. Of course I wear trainers when I don't have any important meetings like with external clients but otherwise nobody judges in the office if I do. Living in various countries in the past I do appreciate this attitude in Austria. And I also love Dirndls although again I tend to buy those which are made in a bit modern style. However at any traditional event nobody would judge my modern Dirndl, more the opposite. To summarise I love this country and the fashion style I am free to wear 😊