Please advise regarding living in Austria

Hi everybody,
Our family is planing to live in Austria.
Currently we're working with the property investment, development and management services within the real estate sectors. Our main clients are Russian, Ukrainian investors.
Please advice whether the local real estate companies would be interested cooperate with us.
Also we'd be grateful for your advice regarding the living area in Austria for the family with the 4 years old boy (kindergarten, school for the international children).
What is your opinion about Baden town near Vienna?

Thanks to everybody for any advice.

Best regards,
Dinas

Welcome to Expat-blog, Dinas :)

Hope that members soon reply back to you and share their thoughts about good neighbourhoods for a family to settle.

Good luck.

Regards,
Sheetul

Hi Sheetul,
Thanks for your letter.
Unfortunately, nobody wants to share their thoughts at least so far.

Anyway for the year to come we wish you good health, happiness but most of all lots of love.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for all of you!

Best wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year!

Dinas

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you too, Dinas! :)

Hi Dinas, I cant help with the housing, but perhaps your business would be of interest to someone I know. Please get in touch here, or at [email protected]. have a nice day!

Hi Dinas.
I moved here in August with my wife and 3 yr old son. She is from Austria. I am from California. I met her in Cali. We got married and lived in the States for 10 years before deciding to give this place a try. It's nice. I've been writing a blog about my stay here. It's about small town life, so not quite like Vienna, where you may be working. Oh, and I'm a real estate broker in Cali. I checked into it here. It's better to sell in a larger city with some turnaround. Maybe you feel different? I would love to hear your thoughts. Anyway, go look at my blog. It might give you some insight into the area.

GabeHorton.blogspot.com

Take Care,

Gabe

Hi Gabe,
Thanks for your letter. I am glad that people writes that not only welcomes life in Austria, but even are engaged in the same activities. I reviewed your blog: You have a nice family and it seams nice place to live. I agree with you that it's better to sell in a larger city. Also the customers are interesting in land plots and holiday homes, apartments near the ski resort or some nice places not far from the airports. I hope one day we will meet and discuss this in more detail.
anyway, if you have a specific real estate offers to send me by e-mail: [email protected].

Regards,
Dinas

Hi Dinas,
  I also live in a small town, if you consider 65,000 small.  Wels is in Upper Austria and has everything you need without living in the big city of Vienna.  However, it's only a couple hours away if you really get a hankering to go.

I can say living here the Real Estate market is not large and quite expensive.  Turnover is very small, therefore as mentioned by another post the big city has the turnover. 

I am retired and my wife is an Austrian and I promised her 46 years ago that when I retired we'd return to Austria.  Now back five years I find that the logistics for biking is better than anything I've seen in the states.  Food is great, and it's a safe place to live with a family.

Good luck on your vocation search...

Ray

Hello,

i am an austrian but i moved away one year ago.\
on reason why i dont want to live in my motheland is, that i cant handle the political situation i austria. at the moment,we have some kind of "nazi" wave. 

I am sorry to tell you this, but the most of austrians dont lik people from other coutrys. dont move to the countryside, better to the city.

on the coumtryside it is hard to get acsept from the other people, even as an autrian.

if you have any questions, you can ask me everytime.

greetings

Hi! Never been to Baden bei Wien, but the name tells it all. It will be a beautiful Victorian style spa town, and commuting to Vienna should be a doddle if necessary, as communications are almost 2nd to none here. Your little one does'nt have to go to school until 6 years old, but there may be a creche/kindergarten he/she can attend. Good luck, and enjoy the clean unpolluted air up there in the far north-east! Rod604
Any more questions, I'll try to answer them for you!

its very very wired world why many european wants to come to live in egypt and the egyptians themselves wants to go to europe ?? for sure there is something i don't understand i was in Croatia and Turkey and italy and bosnia many people hates europe or dislike living in .. maybe those countries are poor but Germany and AUSTRIA  are rich so why people wants to come ?

Hello Mostafa samy.

You are off topic :/

The initial subject is "Advise regarding living in Austria".

Thank you,
Aurélie

i'm just shocked anyway thanks

HI Dinas!

I moved from California to Vienna about 6 months ago. I just went to Baden last week. It is a beautiful little town. Lots of great family activities, however, it can take a while to commute to Vienna. Public transit will take you almost an hour one way. I would recommend looking in one of the outer districts of the city. The 18th district can be really nice. Some outer districts feel like suburbs. You don't even realize you are still in the city!
It is true that many Austrians don't like outsiders. For that reason alone living in the city is better. There are lots of expats here and expat social groups.
I hope this helps, I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have!

Best Regards Cynthia

i am ALSO trying to figure out a way to stay in austria, minus the options of school or marriage. anybody find a way? i could really use some advise :/