Non-Immigrant Visa(O) 2023

@Pete-bkk711

No, just not an hotel or airbnb address.  You need to take documentation as proof of address being the house registration book, owner page, and the ID from owner

Your TM 30 needs to match that address

Annual lease not necessary. I did a 3-month and I'm pretty sure 1-month is okay as well but it has to be a condo or a house, no hotels or airbnb.

@rbakker

What documents did you need to show?

"What documents did you need to show?"

As stated earlier in this thread:

"I arrived in Chiang Mai at Friday midnight and by Monday morning I'd got myself a Thai phone and rented a condo for 3 months. Had to make 2 trips to Immigration to get the official statement of my residence and left that with the bank on Wednesday morning - all they wanted was that and my passport and drivers licence. Nobody has asked for anything from the Canadian consulate. So far so good. I hope the bank doesn't come up with more conditions and that account is opened quickly so I can get the 800k in there."

So it was proof of address (TM30), passport, (Canadian) drivers licence and Thai phone number.

Different banks can have different requirements.

@rbakker

Thanks that was needed to explain to the doubters on what exactly they have to show related for Addres or Proof of Residence

@rbakker

thanks. I hate making a 1 year lease if i am not sure where i want to live. I would assume you need a lease for every quarterly check in.  Have you used the online check in?

Where did you find your rentals? Many agents and condo owners are not interested in partial year leases. I am also concerned about losing a deposit. I have good credit in the USA but not sure how to convey this in Thailand.  Also I would want to know the credit of a landlord. 

@ronstaff

I have not had an opportunity to do the online check-in yet. Yes, you would need to have a proper address at every check-in.

I tried finding rentals online but nobody responds. So I just started walking around and asking at any large condo-looking building. Eventually found one that would do 3 months to start with, now I'm at a 6-month one.

Nobody asked about credit. If it's a big building then I don't really care about who the landlord is.

@rbakker

thanks for your prompt reply. Your deposit would be held by the landlord? Sounds like your agreement is directly with the building? I tried walking up to a few condos and they referred me to an agent or owner. My current landlord is a friend. I do not like the location nor the condo itself. Nothing he can do to help. He fixes issues quickly and it is fully furnished including linens towels pots pans microwave utensils etc I know I would get my deposit back.

@ronstaff

There are apartments and condo's

Apartments are one owner

Condo building has almost every unit a different (foreign) owner which sometimes meandls dealing with an agent.

I always preferred apartments for the times I needed one. Condo is more.hassle also when paying deposit back.

Make pictures of everything when you get in and send to owner in email

@ronstaff

Yes, there is a deposit and they hold on to it while I'm there, nothing unusual.

The big buildings seem to have specialized staff downstairs, often in an office, handling rentals. I imagine each condo building has dozens of owners who would like to rent out their apartments and the agents make it easy for them (and us). I haven't had to deal with any owners directly. The agents are very organized (in my experience) because they do this all day every day.

@rbakker when i applied for my e visa it was issued within 24 hours of submitting my application.

@kevh

24 hours, that's good! Which country were you applying from?

Thailand

@kevh

a further question. I am about to pull the trigger on my application for an non-imm O visa. New Zealand Thai Embassy have just switched over to e-visa applications. Last time I applied for a visa they issued it with a start date on the day they processed my hardy-copy application, not the date on which I was to travel. So, in effect I did not get 90 days.

Reading what I can on our Thai Embassy website it looks like e-visa applications may be issued for travel dates, not starting on the day they process the application. I don't travel until June. I would rather not apply too early if they will issue the visa with a start date of when they receive the e-application.

Long winded I know, and I apologise, just want to set out my circumstances and thinking. The question then, when you received your e-visa was it dated for your dates of travel, or was it dated starting on the day they processed the e-visa application?

cheers

Alf

I have tried the e-visa website application it seems to get stuck on address and wont process further. The London embassy number I waited for an hour on hold before I got sick of waiting. Will try e-visa website again today.

@Info2831

which address, your home address in home country or address requested in Thailand?

@idream2beall

You cannot apply for an evisa for Thailand from within Thailand  if that was the query that you were replying on

@alffvdh

"The question then, when you received your e-visa was it dated for your dates of travel, or was it dated starting on the day they processed the e-visa application?"

I applied a few days before Nov 8 and the visa was issued November 13. On it, it says:

􀂇 Date of grant 13 November 2023

􀂇 Visa must be used by 10 February 2024

So you have about 90 days from when it is approved to get to Thailand.

Okay thanks. So basically it's very much as I thought. Your time on the visa starts when they issue it, not when you are booked to travel. No point in applying too early.

Wouldn't it be great if they would issue a visa starting on your day of travel!

Thanks for replying

Alf

Actually I think it's better this way because it shows that your travel plans (as stated when you applied for the visa) can be changed and you can even go earlier if you want to. But it is confusing that you don't know what the dates will be until they issue it. I had no idea so I'm glad I was able to help you out with that.

@martinoo2002

thank you.  i get much mixed information. My first retirement visa i had a 9 month lease because i had to have a 3 month bank account.

@ronstaff

The requirements for extension are similar if not the same as when requesting the Non o visa in- or outside Thailand. You need cash, an adress, a wife or are older than 55...

For the cash you need the bank account.

When applying for 3 months non O visa outside Thailand you barely have enough time to get the 3 months deposit done.

I have read people that managed like rbakker and people that have not. READ their posts.....on how they did it.

I came here on a different manner so I have no good advise

People using an agent mostly cannot meet the tequirements, for all kind of reasons, and they need an agent to get their affairs ' in order' and obtain the visa or extension.

If you can meet the requirements there is absolutely no reason to part with your money.....

@martinoo2002

thank you for your response  i  wonder what happens if you move in with a thai lady and the lease or ownership of the property is in her name?

@ronstaff

Depends a little bit on what the lady is to you...

But in general I would say it makes things easier if there is a form of a relationship

Anyway the lady has to show ownership and her ID (in copy and signed) an you need to have

a rental contract if she is not your wife

@martinoo2002

Sorry for the late response  Are you saying the apartments do not require a deposit? Are these apartments located in a condo building meaning they only apartment units? How did you find these apartments?

i currently rent a condo from a friend so i do not have to worry about losing a deposit.  The unfortunate thing is i do not care for ploenchit and there are no cheap restaurants and very little street food near me  During rush hours it is hard to request a bolt or grab taxi..

@ronstaff

There is a distinct difference between apartments and condo's

Apartments are usually 1 building 1 owner with an x quantity of apartments

Condo's are house or flat in a condominium that are each owned by one owner, sometimes the owner has more than 1 as an investment

Google and you will find, but if you want a good price you should deterime WHERE you want to live and go and walk around.

Pictures are deceiving

Apartments

https://www.thaiapartment.com/

Condo's

https://www.renthub.in.th/

Yeah, that corner is just a 24/7 traffic jam, I used to work at Ploenchit...

I would search around Sukhumvit 22-50 and cheaper when the soi is higher

If your contract is solid and you have pictures of the state of condo/apartment when moving in, then all should be fine

Then again Thai are notoriously sticky when it comes to returning deposits and I would definitely correct any damage or issue

myself before handing the condo/house/apartment back...

Apartments buildings are easier

If I was renting I would always go for an apartment, noisy neighbors for example are easily taken care off by the owner/management of apartment

in comparison to condo's where the neighbor has its own owner....

@martinoo2002

ok  Always some complications.  Have you ever used the quarterly check in process? I would prefer to not go to immigration  For some reason bolt has led my driver to the wrong location twice  First driver left me at wrong location. Second driver was nice enough to use my phone and google maps to take me to correct location. Do you do yor own visa or use an agent? if so can you recommend someone in bangkok?

Sorry if there are any duplicate questions. Thanks in advance.

@ronstaff

I do the 90 days report on line, but the first time you always have to do in person

https://tm47.immigration.go.th/

I do everything myself, if you meet the requirement I would not advise you to use an agent

An agent is usually a long time commitment and since they mostly use immi offices outside

the region where you actually live it complicates things, tm30, tm47 and when you need

you need for example a residence certificate they can do it for you for a fee.

Spider in the web....

@martinoo2002

this will be my second time so online is fine. My agent is local, he just charges too much 25000 baht including tge visa. Extra for multi entry. My landlord provides a tm30 and lease  My bank on request will provide other paperwork. My agent did not show me what forms he created. He helped me get a retirement visa without the 3 months. I have my bank account fully funded.

@ronstaff

Go to your immigration office and ask for the list of documents to submit

If it is retirement it is pretty straight forward

Also fill in the TM7. Permission to stay

Have you registered your TM30?

All immi offices, and in the tourist area's for use, have English speaking staff...

Might not be fluent but they do

Myself for the 25 year I also go to the immi office every year to pick up the list as it can be amended

Then I prepare and go back for a check, which they will do

If good than apply immediately, if not gather the missing documents

I am sure there are basic lists on the web available, just google

If not then I think other members can advise what is needed

@martinoo2002

Okay. TM 30 was done at my 1 year.  25 year? I will look online. I hope it is found in pdf format and can be filled in advance. I appreciate your help.

@ronstaff

If the tm30 is done then no need to bring anything related to that

The tm7 needs to be printed on 1 page, both sides, not 2 documents!! they will not accept (in my case back then)

You need the bank statement and letter of confirmation of bank account, signed and stamped,  from the day before is accepted, and you need to deposit/transfer some cash to the account same day and then print the bank book......

You need your rental contract, copy of the blue ownership book from owner of address where you lived, signed and copy of ID, signed

all used passport pages copied and signed

That is it as far as I recollect...

and everything twofold....

Thank you