Resignation and exit

Hi everyone.

I hope I can get some answer from anyone here.

I recently moved to KSA. I signed my contract. on the 1st of September. I am on a probation period for 90 days with option to extend. I am really struggling with adjusting to new reality and it affects my mental health. I miss home and i really want to go back home as I cant get myself comfortable in new reality , never been to middle east before and I was expecting something else.

My question how to approach that and what is the process of getting exit visa, I am on the probation for 90 days , my plan is to work for 2 months and then give my employer a notice that i want to move back home because struggling to adapt to new reality.

I have paid for the visa back in home from my own money and that haven't been reimbursed  , the company only paid for flight tickets , acomondation for 10 days since i arrived and housing allowance that i recived for finding a own apartment.Hosusing allowace 10k + flyights+ medical since arrival to KSA.

My questions is what are the consequences of me leaving at the end of my probation , giving 1 month notice at the end of probation ? I understand that i will have to pay the flight tickets back home and I would have to pay the expenses which is hosing allowace + other expenses that comoany spend on me. I am wondering is there any other expenses for breking the contact or leaving at the end of probation ? will company going to make an issue from that ? or they understand . Someone told me that once you leave you have to pay back the money you made or sometthing like that ?

I am wondering if anyone was in similar situation , and can share thier experience with me  ?

thank you in advance for all the response.

@LukeLuke1980

Hi

R u nurse of moh

If so can u pls which place

@hinafathima1916

No im not the nurse.

I don't think you have to payback salary,  its better you explain your situation to your employer and obtain exit. If this is the 1st time that you are out of your home country you might be experiencing home sickness and its common with everyone., make some friends and visit places in KSA or try local restaurants.

@Mohammed_1984

thank you for your response. I do feel home sick but at the same time I see that the job its not really what i expected to be . Im qualifed in the field of work. But at the same time I dont really see myslef doing that for next 12 motnhs . I am just staying now with the company as they hired me for purpuse so I want to at least give them back and help them with opening the new branch but as soon as we open and the place is running I want to filed my ressignation with 1 month notice period. I just want to make sure they not going to ask me to pay the back a lot of money , I am happy to pay them back for the expenses but i dont want to pay them any fine as I am leaving at the end of my probation with 1 month notice period so in my head I do everyything accordinlgy to the law.

What is your exact job,

Starting months will be very hard to adjust

You wake up in the morning and want to feel yourself in your homeland.. But reality is you are thousands of miles away

The company may charge visa and iqama fees which is 10k plus..

Better to complete your contract and leave..

You don't have to payback because still your under probation period of your contract.  Therefore, it's your right whether to continue or not but your return ticket is yours expense.

Hi Luke. I flew to Bahrain about 5 years ago for the first time. I absolutely hated it and was about to leave and go back to the UK. I'm soooo glad I didn't.

I'm flying later today to start a new job in Saudi - whT timing hey! I'm having similar feelings but I know it will only be temporary and I will adjust in the near future.

Anyway, I'm reasonably sure enployers can't ask you go pay anything for employment Iqama etc. And they also have to provide a return airfare back to home country in accordance with Saudi Labour Law - might be worth Googling it.

I hope thinking work out.

@LukeLuke1980

Hi sorry to hear,mental health should be your priority,if you continue to feel the same way that you are feeling now,you don't have to continue with your contract after probation.Ask your employer to refer you for counseling,in the meantime let them know that you want to go home after probation cause of your mental health  issues

Wishing you well

thank you for all the responses people. I really appreciated it,

Hi luke you are under probation till 90 days and you and your employer both have rights to decide for next contract you both can refuse or agreed for contract per as saudi labour law and if your employer issued your iqma in advance and will try to claim for it he will be guilty

I have been working in Saudi for the last 9months ,I have a new job offer can I resign or ask for emergency leave and comeback with new employer visa?