In need of cheering up! (-:

I finally arrive to the Island and this first week is being difficult.
-My temporary accommodation is a flat in a small village. There is no air conditioner so the flat is an oven.
-I do not have a car so I feel pretty isolated because relying on bus can by tricky.
-I have observed the traffic and now I am afraid of getting a car myself.
-Fireworks at night AND early in the morning (!!??) make difficult to sleep.
-Other than the beach, I have no found places to go with my 5 years old under the heat.
-My arrangements in terms of work, schools and childcare did not work out and I need to start, some of them, from the beginning.
-Did I say is hot?? (-:

Well, I know I am in a fantastic place with a lot of opportunities, I am just feeling sad and lonely right now.

So just let me ask... What do you do to bright up your Sunday?

chussita

Helooo Chussita,

Welcome to Bahrain,

Hope your Angel or Tiger is doing good :)

I can understand initial couple of weeks or months will take time to settle down here. Even i am New to this Island with out Car , but managing transportation general weeknds are at home else exploring different places.

I hope to hear back from you more abouty you.

Our daughter is 6 today, and she is loving Malta, yesterday we went to Camino Bay and she was in the water all day, rock jumping and even a bit of scuba, there is so much to do in Malta, where are you we are in Qawra. If I was you I would move to a town like Buggiba, Silema, Qawra any that have shops transport and a McDonalds.
The roads are safer once you have a car, chose something that looks like its been round a banger track a few times helps put them off at roundabouts.
Jim n Bev

Hi Chussita,

obviously mohd12 has no idea where Malta -))) It is not even near Bahrain and luckily not anywhere as hot. So it could be worse in Malta.

I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering from very early onset of culture shock.

There are many big disadvantages of living out in one of the villages.Do you live in Mosta? I remember that you are teaching at the QSI school.

I think you have to be patient with Malta, work through the problems and get together with other expats. If you feel unsafe with the Maltese road rage you should wait until you consider getting a car.

Try going out to your local kids playground in the evening when it cools down and see about getting together with other expats.

You will just have to accept the fireworks and 'bombs' during the summer. It will finish in September when all churches are through their festas.

And the weather will cool down in a few weeks-))) Autumn is a really nice season.

We are going out to meet friends in Buggiba for lunch and a chat and then we will be either going to a festa or a free musical concert in front of the Black Pearl in T'Xbiex this evening.

Cheers
Ricky

:(
Lets do coffee, I've PM'd you.

x

Thank you for the courage, the understanding and the good ideas!
I was just needing to vent on the web!!

I actually did have a nice Sunday in Sliema rock beach (I thought it was too dangerous with my son but we found a couple of nice swimming pools) and eat at a Mc Donald's. So beach and places with air condition are the solution.

I am super happy to know that fireworks are only in August (-: I was really afraid of a year with such a noise.

About the time... I know... Bahrain could be worst... and sooner or later we will have Autumn... I will survive!

(-:

chussita

I lived on the costa-del-sol for 4 years, it gets hot in Spain as well, Xmas day one year we had a barbi, you just adjust, we have air-con in our house, but its never on, only a odd occasion. Mosta is not far from us so plan to drop down to Qawra we have a 6 year old (today) and plenty space for them to play Jim n Bev

Its not so much the heat as the humidity here.  Chussita is used to the heat but the humidity is harder to adjust to.

Long live air con shops and cafes that are open in the afternoon. 

hehe

contact me on [email protected]

@bereux- Could you please introduce yourself? Thank you.