Freelancer adress registration

Hello,

I would like to ask a question concerning adress registration. As you know, when you're living in a rental appartment/house usually it is forbidden to register a company in your adress when it comes to limited liability companies etc. I wanted to ask is it the case for independents as well ? On other words, when you become a freelancer, you have to also register an individual company. You can register your rental adress for your independent status ?

I am asking this as, on my rental agreement it says that, it is forbidden to declare the adress as "siege social" but as far as i understood, this concerns companies like SRL,SA etc.

I would appriciate if you have any suggestions about that.

Thanks

@Clouderzzz I finally feel I can contribute something to this page haha. So I am also an independent /freelance and I am registered with my VAT and the company is my name. I have my rental address as my company and there is no problem with that.

The only difference is that since it's not your property, you cannot submit or use any home expense as work expenses.

@Rick Depo Thank you so much for your answer.

The thing is, my landlord said that, if i register a business in the address, he has to pay more tax. However, i believe that this is the case for a company such SRL,SA etc. which are not individual companies but legal entity.

Exactly! on my rental contract its written that, I can't deduct any expenses due to using my appartment as a work place.

I think you landlord may not understand the difference as being an independent and an actual company. Let him know you are registering yourself as in independent( with your name and you are the the employer and the employed)  and not a business entity.

If it helps, I just told my landlords that I am independent and I work from home. I did not mention anything about registered company (People who don't understand may get confused)

And definitely, my landlord does not pay any extra tax, I would have been the first to know if they did.

@Rick Depo thank you so much! its more clear for me now.

The thing is I am creating a company which is a limited liability company (SRL/BV). I will register my company address within a company domiciliation service. Also, to run my company, I have to declare myself as an independent worker. This one, I will register in my appartement.

As far as I understood, registering a company such as SRL/BV in your property has consequences in terms of property tax

Then I will advise  you get a co-working space here in Brussels and take the option of using the space as your business address.

@Rick Depo This is what i will do exactly. My SRL/BV official adress will be a co-working place but my independent work will be registered in my home address. So actually they are kind of different than each other. There is an entity registration which is the co-working and the physical person(independent registration) which is my appartment.

@Clouderzzz Good. That's solves it then.

@Clouderzzz I planned on registering as an independent next year. I am curious on why you chose to register a company first and then yourself as an independent who works for the company you set up? What are the benefits of doing this instead of registering as an independent?

@Clouderzzz I planned on registering as an independent next year. I am curious on why you chose to register a company first and then yourself as an independent who works for the company you set up? What are the benefits of doing this instead of registering as an independent?
-@woodcook

The thing is one you setup a company (a legal entity) and you want to run it actively yourself, you have to also register as independent Even though you're not earning money from that, you're oblige to register as independent and to pay social security contribution because you're carrying out an activity. There is not really a benefit. It's more like a legal obligation. Because in your company, you can be the administrator for free and then you wouldn't need to register as an independent. However, if you want to be more than an administrator, you should register as independent even though you're not paying yourself for this activity. It's a bit complicated but it's an obligation.

@BrunoI Hi! thanks a lot for your message. I won't be deducting the bills or expenses related to my appartment for now to make my life easier. The thing is i will be creating a company and also I'll be becoming independent in the same time as you can't totally involved in to managing your company without  paying your social security contribution even you're not paying yourself.