Question regarding D-Visa (Belgium)

Hello everyone.

I came to Belgium on a work permit and in this regard I received a D visa in my home country (valid till Jan 2024). After arriving in Belgium I registered myself at the local townhall with my visa and travel documents and I was given an A card (valid till year 2025).

After being in the job for a couple of months, things did not work out and I had to leave the job. After that i was told by the single permit dept to find a new job within 3 months, otherwise your rite to stay in belgium will expire after 3 months.

I tried but did not find the job and therefore have to move to another country within that 3 month span. Deadline expired on last May 2023.

Now my question is, can I travel within Europe on this D visa that I got in my home country (valid till Jan 2024)? There are no cancellation stamps etc on this visa.

Thanks in advance.

What i remember is when you get residence card your d visa is revoked, thats why when you order residence card they tell that you are not allowed to leave belgium

@hssn601

Thank you for your reply.

Does the revocation process require a stamp on the visa stating that it has been revoked cuz on my visa there is no such stamp or remarks etc?

No they don't do any stamp.