Berlin BlueCard processing time

Hello, kindly asking you to tell me what is processing time is to get a BlueCard now in Berlin.

I heart that now it takes a lot of time.

Maybe someone who applied recently now current timeframe.

Thank you

One should ask when applying. Only the officials porcessing it can say for sure.

@TominStuttgart Thank you for your reply, there should be average statistics according to the last people who applied and got cards.

@pseudonym0033 Maybe there should be, but there is no such statistics.

@beppi Thank you for your reply, I hope that someone who applied recently will tell us we will have some statistics. I asked a few friends who waits for a long time, I just want to know more people's feedback.

@beppi Thank you for your reply, I hope that someone who applied recently will tell us we will have some statistics. I asked a few friends who waits for a long time, I just want to know more people's feedback.
-@pseudonym0033

The officials might throw out a standard approximation like 6 weeks but then there has been an upheaval in workers in many civl service jobs having left during the Covid problems and shortages continue. The other thing is that time needed to confirm legitimacy of documents can be different from one applicant to another. Even if one person is processed in a couple of weeks, another might take months; say they have to wait for documents to be obtained in India. But again, the best answer one can get is to directly ask when applying. Why play guessing games and speculate when the best possible approximation is available for asking.

@TominStuttgart I really appreciate the effort you put to reply to my questions, however, I would happy to get answers from one who applied recently. Asking during application is not an option, as I need to make a decision to move to Berlin or not before I apply.

According to what I heard, the visa processing time at Ausländeramt Berlin is currently between a month and over a year - depending on the complexity of the case and (mainly) the  current workload of the processing officer.

Does that help you?

@beppi I already got answers from people who applied recently with more detailed information. Thank you.

@beppi I already got answers from people who applied recently with more detailed information. Thank you.
-@pseudonym0033

If you already have the answers, then why ask here? Just to put my cent's worth in, each case is very different. So you could say, how long is a piece of string?

@SimCityAT I asked friends in person, now the waiting time in Berlin is longer than in other cities, which can be up to several months before Covid same people got blue cards for up to 3 months, now it is much longer, while in other cities there is more chance to get card faster. I asked 7 people and all told me the same, that the waiting time is longer than before and in most cases longer than 3 months. Of course, some applications might be processed faster in some cases, but the average processing time is longer than in other cities. For the Permanent Resident, it can be much longer. I am not telling that someone should rely on that info and it is 100% accurate, but for me, it is more than enough to make a decision before I move.

Watching this for any current stories.

My Blue Card Visa application was submitted to the BIS a little over a week ago with a target start date of April 1 on my contract. I certainly don't expect it that soon, but I'm hopeful for something like 6-8 weeks. I am from the US and I think my application should be pretty straight forward to validate.

Outside of the COVID factors, processing a lot of incoming Ukranian refugees kept things going slow in the last year. I heard a vague rumor that they are catching-up and processing times are incrementally getting better, but it was not solid information, probably just supposition.

6 week minimum, and another 2 to 3 weeks for getting the appointment for collection. I got it done recently and collected my new blue card last week.

@RajBoy Hi, Congratulations on your Blue Card!

I have few queries, & would appreciate if you can be of any help in answering them. May I know if you applied from within the city limits? As I read, if one is applying from out of city zip code, you will be assigned a particular agent to assist with the process. Also did you apply by post or online? How long did the whole process take?

Thanks & Rgds.