Residency holder - What house am I allowed to buy

Good Morning good People,

I have a question - I am currently a Resident permit holder (self employed).

If I want to purchase a house - What am i allowed to Buy?

Should I still spend the minimum of $375,000 or can I look at like buying something for like Rs3,000,000 ?

Your advise on this would be appreciated.

Thanks

@Kodlan You must Pay $375K or US$220K ( G+2 apartment only ) unless you marry a Mauritian citizen and become a national. It's that simple.

@peterg123 375k is the easy option if you have the money! I think the options for a G+2 are much cheaper. Rs 6m I think minimum?

@Tookays Hi, 7 million or US$150K but good luck finding anything at that price in G+2. Since they allowed foreigners to buy any property for $375K, suddenly every apartment and house in MU is selling for $375K ...hahahahahah

@peterg123 that is a problem!! Need to get friendly with a property developer. I might have some friends of friends.

@Tookays Nawaz at Sunset Boulevard developments can assist you

He is developing a few and I just bought one I  Perybere last year

@snaicker81 I have talked to Nawaz in 2021! Friend of a friend and extended family.

I think he is now based in the UK but the company still does business in Mauritius. Website has changed -- mayfair.mu now . He did offer me a good deal.

@peterg123 what do you mean any property , surely only within the schemes , I'm a RP holder.

would love to get a freestanding, renting at the moment, golden retriever so have to

@sidneymarakie hi, are you renting a villa? Do apartments let you have a pet?

@Kodlan I hope you have found something. If not I know someone who sells IRS and RES projects for foreigners. This is his contact**** or ****. You Will get the residancial permit with the house.

Moderated by Bhavna last year
Reason : Contact details
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct