Family Reunification With Belgian Child?

My husband is a Belgian citizen and so are our two kids, I am a non-EU national. If my husband was to apply for a family reunification visa for me, there is quite a lot of requirements (income proof, home address, health insurance etc) in order to qualify. I have read somewhere that it's possible for one of my children to apply for the family reunification on my behalf instead and then then there is no more requirements, is this correct?

Section 3 of this article mentions it, but I have not seen it mentioned in other places so wondering if this is referring to a different case than mine: https://www.droitsquotidiens.be/fr/ques … c-un-belge

@belgpat

hi there! Yes you can apply for a family reunification with belgian child it will make the process way much faster specially if you child are minors. In my case I only waited two weeks for application to be approved. But unfortunately your husband still need to provide the necessary documents like what you have stated on your post.

the documents will indicate that your husband can support you and your children when you get to Belgium.

@andreagerardo81 will she get an F card then or Belgian nationality instantly?

@Kendy Makere

She will get an F Card.

For nationality she would be treated just like any other person

Here's another article that mentions minors' right to bring over their parents and doesn't specify the other requirements (like proof of certain salary level etc) as oppose to non-minors section which does have bunch of extra document requirements. I wonder if this is meant for refugee children and not normal families or..?

https://dofi.ibz.be/fr/themes/ressortis … alit%C3%A9

@kendy Makere - it will be f card first like everybody. That should be applied within 8 days upon arrival in Belgium.

@belgpat- you can use this kind of visa to go to Belgium because you will be travelling with a child. That's why it's called “family reunification with a Belgian child” but either way, those documents are necessary to prove that your husband can support you while in Belgium. Actually the documents are easy to acquire..

• for proof of income - payslip of 6 months will do
  • but if he has already has his income tax return then that will be perfect no payslip to provide.
  • for the health insurance your husband can just email the CM to make you and the children under his beneficiaries.. after 3 days he will recieved via email the health insurance document without any cost.
  • proof of lodging if he doesn't own a property, a rental contract will do.
  • documents like marriage contract, family composition can be obtained from the city hall in his place. Just need to make an appointment and voila in less than 30 mins he will get all the documents he need.

i just actually applied for a family reunification for my 2 children that were still in the Philippines, that's why I have an idea on how to get the documents needed.

hope this can help 😊

Keep in mind that there's 0€ to show for children family reunion in case of visa.

In this topic, the children are belgians, so it's pointless as they can freely go back to Belgium.

But, indeed Belgat, your partner must be able to show that he/she can afford for your stay IF you do a family reunion with your partner.

If the children are already in Belgium, then you do a family reunion based on the children, and so, no money to show