City Hall Registeration in Belgium

Hi Everyone,

I have the following questions regarding city hall registration.

I will reach Belgium at the end of this month and live in an Airbnb property for one month. Can I start my city hall registration with AirBnB address, as I am still looking for properties to rent? In addition, my Airbnb property is in the commune, which differs from the city hall in which I am looking for properties to rent. Within 8 days of arrival in Belgium, Do I need to register in the commune that belongs to Airbnb property or the city hall in which I am looking for properties to rent?

This is answered numerous times in the forum. You better register in the commune where you will stay (where you find a rental). To be safe, send an email to your commune of arrival, let them know you arrived and you are in a temp accomodation and you are not sure if your rental will be in this commune. They will suggest that you register in the commune whre you will stay.

@Aneesh

Does this mean, in this case, we don't need to start the registration process with temporary residence commune ? (Just sending the email to the commune sufficient?)

And we only start registration process with permanent residence commune once contract for permanent residence is done? (this may be 1 month after the arrival to Belgium)