Expired date for renew Orange Card but EU citizen in the meantime

What happens if you miss to renew the orange card (attestation d' Immatriculation) stamp before the date expires? Mine was expended in March and expired in July 11 but since I got a lot of work in Luxembourg (country) this summer I never had time to take a day off from work to go back to the commune and get it done.

The main question is...in the meantime i got my EU citizenship (finally)... can this interfiere with the whole process? I mean, I entered Belgium in March as a non EU spouse of an EU citizen (thats why I applied to the orange card) but since end of November I'm a EU citizen myself.

Do I need to pay any amende?? :(

Next week I have holidays so I will go to the commune here in Wallonie to ask but I'm a bit nervous since they are not very polite at all :(

Thanks a lot!

Hello MMeMorgana,

Welcome to expat.com!

Thank you for starting a new thread on the Belgium forum. I hope that you will find some answers soon.

I advise you to kindly refrain from posting the same message on different threads as it may get difficult for you to keep track of all the responses that you get.

Cheers1f60e.svg

Yoginee

Expat.com team

just go with EU ID and explain the situation. They need to change your nationality in your file.

@Edigj Thanks a lot for your help!  I will for sure present also my new EU id. Do you think I should also present my another non EU passport? ( The one who was registered when I applied of the orange card) just to prove I am the same person? 🤭

Am I obliged to also show my expired orange card or better "forget it at home"? I don't want to pay any fine specially now I am an EU citizen 😕

They have definitely your records. So you may want to show both to confirm you are indeed same person.

I do not think that they will issue you a fine as likely your F card was approved otherwise you should have received an order to quit Belgium.

I guess you have 2 options:

1.Apply for F card for 5 years.

2.Apply for E card for 5 years as well.

There is no big difference as you enjoy EU rights as EU family member but also now as EU citizen

What does the reason of the orange card? Should it has any outcome? Thats weird afaik that if you do not extend your orange card than you could not prove that you are in a residence process. So if it is expired, it is void, then you may lost your record in the register and thats it. You could comeback to register again but as you said you are EU citizen so just register with that EU card!

Everything clear now 😁 Went there, explained the whole situation, they took away my expired orange card, and I received already my electronic E card in less than a week. Surprisingly, no fines applied.

Thanks a lot!