Seeking Advice: Long term Visa (Canadian national)

Hey everyone,

I've been in Thailand for a week now and have sought out a few different legal counsels regarding long term visa options for myself as a 20 something year old who isn't necessarily seeking employment in Thailand, as I would like to work remotely for an international company for monetary and taxation reasons.

I was informed by one organization that they could set me up with a Non-B Visa and a renewable Work Permit for 185,000 (conversion from my current tourist visa) and then renewable on an annual basis indefinitely for 160,000.

I'm wondering if this sounds like an exorbitant amount for the service, and/or if anyone could propose any alternatives, either a different provider or different way of going about things for long term stay in the country.

Thanks in advance.

Hey everyone,
I've been in Thailand for a week now and have sought out a few different legal counsels regarding long term visa options for myself as a 20 something year old who isn't necessarily seeking employment in Thailand, as I would like to work remotely for an international company for monetary and taxation reasons.

I was informed by one organization that they could set me up with a Non-B Visa and a renewable Work Permit for 185,000 (conversion from my current tourist visa) and then renewable on an annual basis indefinitely for 160,000.

I'm wondering if this sounds like an exorbitant amount for the service, and/or if anyone could propose any alternatives, either a different provider or different way of going about things for long term stay in the country.

Thanks in advance.
-@TaxesAreTheft

That price is a rip-off. Just try another agent. It's like 90% to much.

@Leeds forever!

Thank you, I sincerely appreciate it.

Do you have any reputable leads, by chance? (No pun intended)

Mate - you need to go research online (Youtube etc.) and find out how vloggers and remote workers stay in SEAsia - and many do that while working for western countries. They are working remotely and trying to get around the local country's taxation and immigration rules etc. -It is something the Govts are starting to crack down upon and I figure post-Covid they will all be addressing the issue (they want the income taxes). IMO dont get a 'remote worker visa' called the Digital Nomad Visa in Thailand or anywhere - they will forever classify you as someone they can impose income tax upon.  It seems to me that not staying in one place for too long is the best way to go (3 months here 3 months there etc.). But I aint no expert and I have no idea what the traps are - you should do the research.  PS - please take this the right way - you are foolish and naive (most 20 somethings are) - but you had the common sense to realise that those prices were a total ripoff.  Take your time and do your research - there are ripoffs everywhere - believe no one and trust no one.  Only if 3 'acceptable' people tell you the same thing, should you ever start to think they are correct - but they could be very wrong about the next issue.  Good luck mate.

@AussieBob99 Thank you very much for the input.

No offence taken, I am aware that I'm the least experienced in the room and that's the reason I was putting out feelers on this forum.

I'll do my own research but if anyone has any leads, it would be appreciated.

Feel free to keep the opinions, suggestions, criticisms, and other forms of information coming in the meantime.

cheers,