Divorce - card F

Hello everyone!

I read already all topics here on the forum about divorce but if anyone can give me some insight, I would really appreciate!

I am Brazilian married to a Belgian. We got married in October 2017 here in Belgium, but we lived abroad and decided to come back live here in august 2019.

So we started the residence process in august 2019 and I got my card F only in March 2020, so my card is valid until march 2025.

We decided to divorce (we still didn't start the process yet).

I had an appointment with a lawyer who said that my situation would get complicated as the divorce is done before 5 years of residence.

I also got an appointment with Cric, who also confirmed that my sejour would be kept as long as I am married with him.

I am not working at the moment, but have some funds to rent and apartment and be ok until I get a job, so I wouldn't depend on help of the government. I have B2 level of French, but didn't do the integration course yet.

I read here that after 3 years of residing in Belgium that maybe they cannot deport me.

Next month I have another consultation with a different lawyer, but apart from that, I am quite lost.

would anyone have some info that could help, please?

I appreciate your attention.

@gabriella8830 You have 5 years of marriage and 3 years of joint installation in Belgium, you are pretty safe. You just need to show that you are not dependent on the social security system either through a job or some funds. It is just my own opinion, only govt can give you final or official answer.

@gabriella8830 Also if you can prove with official documents that you have lived together with him for 5 years including years abroad, then your residence right cannot be withdrawn. On expiry of F card, you will get another F card or F+(if you can show you have worked in 5 years of your first F card)

@ABS25 thanks so much for taking the time to answer me.

i hope that will be the situation!

i will try to find whatever proof I have that we lived together outside Europe. That's a good idea!

thank you very much!