Travel outside EU before ID card

Hello all,

i am writing here as although I checked with commune and passport control I am facing some anxiety that I will have issue entering back.

I moved to Belgium with single permit and entered with visa D. Once I arrived, i tried to register at commune however earliest appointment available was 1.5 months away and I am still waiting for that (I did email commune upon my arrival within 8 days regarding this when I moved)

I had to travel outside EU due to an emergency, and I am worried that not having an ID card might be an issue. I asked the commune before I left, and the lady was in a rush but told me it would be okay as long as my visa D is still valid and its for multiple entrys.

Please can someone kindly confirm if you have experienced this? I am really anxious of running into problems once I return for entry

If your visa is multiple entry visa then you can re enter untill the validity of your D visa.

@ABS25 Thanks for your response, much appreciated as I am worried.

Yes , it is multiple entry and valid for 1 years. Have you done this before?

I have done this and it's perfectly fine.

0 problem as long as your visa is valid.

@AlexFromBelgium thank you!!

@saad.s thanks for confirming!! Helps me to know

@AlexFromBelgium I don't have annex 49 yet (only annex 46 as employer said I can start working with that), will this be a problem when entering back to Brussels again from outside EU?

When I first arrived, I went to commune because appointments were 1 month away, they turned me away as I no appointment. I then emailed the commune upon my arrival. They told me to let them know once I moved to a permanent address. I did so, and now waiting for police check, but dont have any official document.

My visa D is still valid for another year and it states multiple entry.

@saad.s Did you do this without Annexe49?

@ChandlerBing

as long as you have valid visa you can enter the country without any problem!

Thanks everyone for your responses, much appreciated!

For anyone in the same situation/hesitation, I got through no problems!