Belgian Nationality - Police check

@vocicag725 But again lets assume they do not respond you or you do not ask them, then keep fingers crossed and wait for timeline of 4 months and 1 week to pass.

@ABS25 Hi , please can you explain how to check file status on mon dossier ? which card reader ?

@andrew77 you can buy card reader in Colruyte or any stationary shop.just plug in your laptop and go to this website https://mondossier.rrn.fgov.be/fr/actes.do

Press on my file and your all detail since when you registered in Belgium will see.there you can see the Last updated file..

fyi, I applied in Brussels commune. Just sent an email asking them and they confirm the last date that the parquet should issue any comment otherwise its possitive. So who wants to check, just send an email.

also, in the recept of the application, it (Brussels 1000) normally says they have 5 days to forward the file but in the bottom of the receipt, there is also a small box where the actual date that the civil servant forwards the file should be completed.

in my case, it was the same date/time of signing declaration so I see that confirmation immediately and without receiving any letter at home.

@peterjohn1104 thanks for the info.

you're right i see the box and the date is handwritten by the civil servant which is also the same day i signed the declaration.

I contacted them, they said that it still within the waiting period and even after the 4 months i still have to wait for them to send me.

So, i believe if they have seen a negative response, i would have been informed.

when did you apply ?

@vocicag725 hello which Commune  you applied and when??i am also in Brussels but 1050 commune.

@andrew77 hello

Did you check your file on my Dossie.be??what you see

@vocicag725

i applied Nov and I should expect a response this week or next week.

One week earlier, they said they had not received any response yet.

have you recontacted them after the deadline passed?

@peterjohn1104 hello,

I contacted them almost one week before the 4 months are complete since some members said that if the file last updated date on mon dossier didn't change, then there might be a chance of a negative response. (i thought that maybe the rejection letter was also lost by post)

but as the commune said its still on the waiting time that means there is no response still.

Do you also have the same thing where the last update date on mon dossier didn't change?

@vocicag725 Hi,

the last update on my dossier was when I got my name changed, long before declaration.

nothing is changed during the declaration process. It actually means nothing is changed If nothing is updated as negative decision will have no impact on the files as they do not have to do anything with your files and only a positive decision will need update. So I think who mentioned the last updated file has not been changed before 4 months is not corresponding to a negative decision. It just means that no decision has been made and after 4 months, you are Belgian.

but I am not really sure if the commune still need to take sometime to record the nationality after 4 months without decision or it effects immediately the following date of the deadline.

@Peterjohn123 apparently they need two more months after the 4 months .. thats what they mentioned to me (2 months for administrative work)

its also mentioned in my declaration. They asked me to wait till they send me.

@Peterjohn123 apparently they need two more months after the 4 months .. thats what they mentioned to me (2 months for administrative work)
its also mentioned in my declaration. They asked me to wait till they send me.
-@vocicag725

Yes normally the parquet can extend in case files are complex but they need to indicate extension towards commune. I will ask commune if it passed the deadline and see what is the next step and share with you.

@Peterjohn123 would be great! Thanks a million

Hi,

In my case, Police check took place 1 month after I applied at the city hall. The police called in advance to check my availability to meet at home. I missed her call so I called back and arranged the time on the same day evening. The check was a bit thorough on details like, why do I want to be a Belgian, how long have I been living here and do I speak any of the 3 languages or not, what am I currently doing and what is my personal and professional situation etc.. Since I could speak intermediate Dutch, it went smoothly for the most part. All the above information she has already but wanted to know from me. She took notes and said I can reach out later if I have any questions. She was pleasant and already told me there that she is positive about my application. That's it.

@Peterjohn123 would be great! Thanks a million
-@vocicag725

So, they replied that if there is nothing received before 4 months then it deems to be accepted.

Now I need to wait for invitation because they need to make change to nationality and bla bla… which the told could be another 2 months :)). Anyway, I will find it rediculous if it takes that long for the commune!

@Peterjohn123 Thanks for the update.

yes indeed same i were told when i contacted them couple of days ago.

I was just under the thought that they maybe have sent a letter but it was lost as most of the letters.

Sounds like Brussels commune takes the longest to process.

@Peterjohn123 Thanks for the update.
yes indeed same i were told when i contacted them couple of days ago.
I was just under the thought that they maybe have sent a letter but it was lost as most of the letters.

Sounds like Brussels commune takes the longest to process.
-@vocicag725

Normally if they already sent an invitation (you though its missing) then you could already download the Act of Belgian via mybxl.be or mondossier. Have you checked that? If nothing is there so we will wait :)

i read from a study saying that the 6 months total of processing is because of 2 stages, 1st is 35 days after declaration that commune uses to verify documents, 2nd stage is the 4 months of assessment, as this is possible for an extension of another 1 month, hence its sum up to 6 months in total. So, the explanation that they need 2 months after no response depends on commune I believe.

@Peterjohn123

No i actually thought that the letter of rejection that the one might be lost and not the invitation.

The commune said that the invitation is an email so that is safer to be received than a letter.

As i asked the commune about status so they give an explanation of the waiting time, now i assume that they checked by my given national ID and found no reply (whether its positive or negative).

it seems some members in here applied in different communes after December and they already have a response.

lets see indeed 😊

@vocicag725 I was taught in an integration course that if the registered refusal letter reaches the applicant later than the deadline then its also voided

i think you are also positive and we just wait for them. How many days have you been waiting?

@Peterjohn123

I still have a bit of couple of days and then i will pass 4 months.

And then will get to the second stage of waiting 2 more months 😊

@Peterjohn123
I still have a bit of an around a week and then i will pass 4 months.
And then will get to the second stage of waiting 2 more months 😊
-@vocicag725

Lets hope we all have soon. I will keep you informed if I got something new on their progress.

@Peterjohn123 fingers crossed.

thank you. I will also let you know if any updates.

@bruggeling1 hi, thanks for sharing your experience. May I know how soon after rejection could you reapply again? Is there a reason you reapplied only after 2 years? Thanks im advance.

@bruggeling1 hi, thanks for sharing your experience. May I know how soon after rejection could you reapply again? Is there a reason you reapplied only after 2 years? Thanks im advance.
-@deebardo

A rejection always come with a reason. As soon as you resolve that reason then you are eligible to lodge a new application.

Hello all

i think this where i get much helped regarding apply for nationality

my husband n i live in Brussels region n my husband completed almost 4 years of his work

please can you specify me which documents and other information regarding language paper or integration certificates is needed or not

and please which documents we can get and use for applying nationality

we are in schaerbeek commune

if it possible please share the link where i can get all information about this 468 days work leading to nationality

please i am searching alot but didnt get proper link please you can share if possible

@deebardo

Hello,

Reason for rejection:

Diploma's in English did not count towards working days (it's a lottery, cause in some municipalities they do...).

As a result of not having diploma in a local language they didn't consider I met the requirement for social integration.

Finally, my orange card period wasn't accepted as a legal stay period back at the time... And they reset my count to 0.

I re-applied only after 2 years (could have done it before) when I noticed that the law had changed and that now the accepted the orange card period as well, when you do family reunification with a Belgian.

Hey everyone,

Is there anybody who have applied for the nationality in flanders around these months and already had a police check? My file was sent 5 weeks ago.

@mjzk you can wait 4  months  for decision  flanderen in brussel 5.6 months get decision

Hi,

In my case, Police check took place 5 weeks after my nationality application. I was not at home back then and also was not at home for the next 3 times when he showed up. We arranged a date for the 4th time 2 months 1 week after my application and visit went smoothly. We talked in Dutch for 15 minutes about why I moved here, what are my hobbies, my relationship status and so on. He was impressed how much I was integrated into society and I have no friends from my own nationality but many Belgian and international friends. It looked like me cohousing with 3 different EU nationals also was a positive point in his eyes. He said he is positive about my application. I personally enjoyed my interview with the police officer. That's it.

Hi,
In my case, Police check took place 5 weeks after my nationality application. I was not at home back then and also was not at home for the next 3 times when he showed up. We arranged a date for the 4th time 2 months 1 week after my application and visit went smoothly. We talked in Dutch for 15 minutes about why I moved here, what are my hobbies, my relationship status and so on. He was impressed how much I was integrated into society and I have no friends from my own nationality but many Belgian and international friends. It looked like me cohousing with 3 different EU nationals also was a positive point in his eyes. He said he is positive about my application. I personally enjoyed my interview with the police officer. That's it.

-@mjzk

Commune?

@hssn601 Gent