Moving to Amman from Nazareth, Israel

Hi there,

We are moving to Amman from Nazareth in August.  We would like to bring our 6 year old car with us and keep it.  Does anyone know of the rules regarding bringing a used car into the country?  Is it better to sell in Israel and buy in Amman.

Any advice you can give us would be wonderful.
Thanks

Hi Missmay,

Welcome on board an welcome to Jordan.
From what I know is that foreign cars are allowed for 3 months in Jordan and then you have to move out of the country for a while and you can bring it again. You will get an temporary Jordanian license plate if you have an Israelian plate.
This is for safety reasons.

If you are talking about to register and ask for an Jordanian license plate then this is only possible for cars younger then 5 years.

I hope that I give you some useful information.

Thank you Primadonna.  Your information is helpful.  I had heard that there was a 5 year rule, but couldn't find anything online.

Possibly have to sell our car and buy a new one in Jordan.

I think this will be a good solution.

Miss May ,you are so welcome in Jordan ,I'm from Nazareth too.if u want me to help U in anything i'll be under the call :) . You have to know that the cars in Jordan aren't not like our cars there. here in the cars are more expensive and not from the same models we preferred ! the benzene cost and other petrol derivatives nearly the same of Isr  ! so if you wanna buy a car it is better to buy V4 .  coz our car there cost around 86 dinar while it is just  V6 . One more time if you need anything i 'll be under the call ! if u wanna avoid loosing your car there why not u bring it for 6 months(max 8) here at Jordan, and in the summer vacation when u wanna go back to Nazareth take it back there . after three months u can bring it back or  can bring it directly by other name of the first owner ! that what my friend replied me ! i wish it is a correct info ! ^_^ ! u can mail me at anytime ! welcome to Jordan ^_^

plz help me too plz

On facebook   ====>   Facebook.com/Alexy992

hi
   i did sent you inbox and i cannt find yor facebook try to us nimbuzz my nimbuzz name asif rehmaan

plz contact me

facebook.com/Dr.Alexy992