Buying a Car in Amman - Help Needed

Hi, just moved to Amman from UK for 1 yr. In the process of applying for residency. I will not be duty exempt and will have to purchase a car with FULL taxes paid.

My understanding is that I cannot purchase a car over 5 yrs old, so limited to 2012 or newer with car with full tax paid. My questions are:

1 - once I have found a car (either private or trade) what is the best way to determine market value for vehicle and how much to haggle with current seller (i.e 5-10% off asking price). In the UK we have an online tool that can calculate market value based on age, mileage etc.

2 - what are the next steps for officially signing car into my name ( must I go with current owner to a specific office in Amman and sign paperwork). How is payment normally made bank transfer/cash and is this only done after official paperwork signed?

3 - what are my obligations once car has been signed over, I guess one is insurance/registration fees. But are there any legal annual checks I must make for the car or other taxes?

4.- after 1yr, how easy is it to sell, any recommendations for good practice?

5 - if I am interested in buying a duty free car and then pay full taxes once in my ownership, how can I calculated taxes on my vehicle before purchase (does the government have an online tax car calculation tool.

6 - I have full UK license, do I need to switch over to Jordanian, if so what is process?

Thanks in advance

Kamran

hi
did you find or buy a car ? or not yet
mybe I can help you ,,,I know some station here in Amman they sale cars you can go there and choose the car also we have check station before buy a car
and you need international license to drive in Amman as I know

Hi i want to ask a similar question.. i have moved to jordan for a Duration of 1.5 years.. i am allowed to keep a without customs car for my use.. please guide me if you have any info.. i want to ask the registration process and all..