Our new Netherlands Guide is up!

Hey everyone!

I hope you are all doing well and are either settled in your new home in the Netherlands comfortably or finding all the help you need in order to get your expatriation projects rolling smoothly.

Here at Expat.com, we are always trying to find new ways to be closer to our community and to help you out. And this is why our editorial team has just delivered our newest baby: the Netherlands guide!

The Netherlands guide is packed with information about this beautiful country. From where the safest neighborhoods are, to the leisure scene or the job market, you will find everything you need to know about settling down in the Netherlands in our new guide!

You can also have a look at our Amsterdam guide.

Please do not hesitate to send me a private message should you have any thoughts, suggestions or feedback on our Netherlands guide!
Warm regards,
Veedushi
Expat.com Editorial Team
Thanks for the update.  I just read through it and found something I'd never heard of before (the Orange Carpet scheme) - link; thank you.

Cynic
Expat Team
We are happy to hear that @Cynic! 1f609.svg

Hello everyone,

Please note that off-topic posts were removed from this discussion.

For anyone looking for a job, kindly create your CV in the Jobs in the Netherlands section only.

If you are looking for information, you can start by reading the Living in the Netherlands guide for expats and start a new thread on the Netherlands forum to ask your questions. 1f603.svg

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Veedushi hope you are doing fine .

I am a Nigerian and need employment on Netherlands. I have heard alot about Netherlands and had falling in love with the Country. Heard much about the good people and the bicycle riding and that.

I need an employer sponsored job Visa. I saw it on this platform I don't know how realizable it is because I tried applying but it's not working out.

I also not Netherlands does not accept remote job seekers, I mean work from home candidates from Nigeria. After seeing some good  job opportunities, why can't they give us opportunity the way they give others?,

Please help me I beg you with God.

We are humans too.

Thanks Dave

@Veedushi hope you are doing fine .
I am a Nigerian and need employment on Netherlands. I have heard alot about Netherlands and had falling in love with the Country. Heard much about the good people and the bicycle riding and that.
I need an employer sponsored job Visa. I saw it on this platform I don't know how realizable it is because I tried applying but it's not working out.
I also not Netherlands does not accept remote job seekers, I mean work from home candidates from Nigeria. After seeing some good job opportunities, why can't they give us opportunity the way they give others?,
Please help me I beg you with God.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Leaving the emotion out of this, you need a job in order to get a residence permit in the Netherlands. In order to get a job in the Netherlands, you need 4 things:

• Relevant experience
  • Relevant qualifications
  • Speak the local language
  • Luck

You do the maths. Plus in addition to this, EU law requires member countries to give any jobs to their own residents, plus other EU citizens before they consider others; in other words, it will be almost impossible for you to find a job without qualifications, experience and your ability to speak Dutch.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team