Arajet - the New Dominican Airline

This may interest some who are interested in travelling on a new Dominican airline to Latin America and the Caribbean.

IT WILL START OPERATIONS ON SEPTEMBER 15 WITH A FLIGHT TO MEXICO CITY

The low cost effect of Arajet: tickets from US$55 each way

It will establish an extensive route network of 20 destinations in 12 countries
The airline will create great competition from its hub at AILA

Arajet started the sale of tickets with prices from 55 dollars each way and 149 dollars round trip, with taxes included, for different destinations in North, Central, South America and the Caribbean, which will connect Santo Domingo with new tourist and commercial experiences, turning the country into a hub for the Americas.

Víctor Pacheco , president of the low-cost airline, reported that the first flight will be on September 15 to Mexico City and will be joined by Monterrey and Cancún . In addition, from the date it will also be flown to Barranquilla, Cali and Cartagena in Colombia ; Quito and Guayaquil , in Ecuador; Lima , in Peru; Guatemala City in Guatemala; San Salvador , in El Salvador; Saint Martin, Aruba and Curaçao in the Caribbean.

“We promised low prices, and we are going to have rates never seen before in our country, and starting in September we will begin the journey to convert Las Américas International Airport ( AILA ) into the new Caribbean Air Hub, which will allow connecting the continent to the least cost, world-class services and with new and more efficient aircraft on the market”, he added.

Also, it announced that from October they will increase their routes by adding flights to Medellín and Bogotá , in Colombia and San José in Costa Rica. And in November  Kingston, Jamaica ; Toronto and Montreal, in Canada.

“The rates to these destinations will be announced later and it is expected that a wide route network of 20 destinations in 12 countries will be established in its first 3 months of operations, opening more opportunities for the economic, commercial and tourist development of the DR. », he indicated.

Regarding flights to the United States , he said that “we are actively working with the Dominican government to obtain the corresponding permits and start services to the country as soon as possible. Thus, to be able to offer low rates to the Dominican diaspora in Boston and other cities in the US that, today, must pay high prices and that cry out for a warm and humane service”.

Pacheco affirmed, during an act at the El Embajador hotel, that the airline will mark the rebirth of Dominican aviation and that they will project in a period of approximately 5 years to be moving 7 million passengers per year.

In this sense, the director said that the team that makes up the airline is heading to complete some 300 employees and expect to have rapid growth to generate more than 4,000 direct jobs and more than 40,000 indirectly.

"In a short time we have created a team of highly qualified international workers to ensure that our operations meet the highest safety standards in the global aviation industry, while providing the most complete maintenance to our aircraft," he said.

On his side, Álvaro de Oleo , Vice President of Marketing for Arajet, explained that there will be three levels of rates. “We will start with more than 5,500 thousand seats with prices ranging from 55 dollars to 100 dollars one way; and 149 dollars round trip with taxes included, through our website www.arajet.com ; then we will have temporary promotions and then regular prices; and in all cases we will make sure that it is the lowest rate in the market”.

Meanwhile, David Collado , Minister of Tusismo, said "from the Ministry of Tourism we are committed to the diversification of tourism and the expansion of airspace at fair rates and see this map of a Dominican airline, which connects Santo Domingo with so many destinations on the continent, shows confidence in the future, and is in line with the vision we have for the sector”.

Another airline. Lets see how this goes.
Arajet appears to have very sound commercial backing.

On March 14, 2022, Arajet was officially launched, along with the President of the Dominican Republic Luis Abinader, who announced that the country was in the process of having a Dominican representative airline with a majority of Dominican capital. In the same event, Boeing announced an order of 20 Boeing 737 MAX 200 (with options for 15 more aircraft in the future) by the airline, becoming the first Caribbean operator of the type.[18][19]

During the ceremony it was announced that Arajet S.A. is funded by one of the world's largest private multi-asset alternative investment firms, Bain Capital, as well as Griffin Global Asset Management ("Griffin"), a commercial aircraft leasing and alternative asset management company.[20][21]

Yes... Bain Capital is well respected...and BIG!
I am told the prices being quoted are much lower than Copa and Avianca and for many of the initial destinations Dominicans dont need visas.

Looks a serious well financed Dominican low cost airline with a significant aircraft inventory which is what the region needs.

It is starting as two other established Dominican airlines with whom I have flown, Sky Aviation and Air Century are expanding their services.

Positive news.
Lets see.  Many thought that about other attempts. I hope it works.
Bain has deep pockets and a great track record.
Bain has deep pockets and a great track record.
- @Roryzion

Also de board of Arajet came from otther airlines like Volotea and Fly Bondi.   I booked a flight to Guatemala for 260.00 rt, the introductions flights offer expired yesterday midnight, I checked my flight today and now is 354.00.

They has been receiving the help of differents embassadors  in DR to open flights and Tourism Ministers.  Fom Honduras came to ask they open a flight to Roatan their tourist island in the Hondurean Caribbean Sea.  Victor is only the face of the project and part of the shareholders.

Another good point is they are starting with brand new planes, the first 5 they got a very good price because the order was for Russian Airline that had to cancel because Rusia never did the certification for the planes to fly in Russia.

We keep on flying! 17 destinations, 11 countries connecting DR with direct flights and low fares. :)

Mucho more to come this year.

Arajet waives the $10 tourist fee for residents & citizenshttps://www.aviacionline.com/2023/02/arajet-is-the-first-airline-to-eliminate-the-tourist-card-fee-for-dominican-passengers/

Awesome!  Options are always good. Competition is always good!

@JohnZ1 Any plans for flights to the US?

@ddmcghee as soon as possible. This year.

Didn't I read about a Rhode Island destination??

Didn't I read about a Rhode Island destination??
-@WillieWeb

That rings a bell, but seems kind of random! I don't think of RI, or even Boston, as having large Dominican populations. But what do I know?

There was an explanation at the time..... and - Yes- a Dominican population as I recall

Very close to Boston the airport in question