Im planning to go and live in Chambery

Hello my name is Leticia, Im planning to go and live in Chambery, Im selling my house in Mexico, and I dont know nothings abouts the requirements to live in France, Can you help me please? Many thanks you are very kind.
Hello Martha Leticia,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f603.svg

Since you are new, I suggest that you read the Living in France guide.

Then, if you have any question, you can post them on the forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl
Expat.com team
@Martha Leticia

Hola Leticia,

As Cheryl said I am sure the Expat Guide will be very helpful.  More specifically for Chambéry it is a nice little town 3 hours from Paris by High Speed Train and there is lots going on in terms of the arts and sport (especially if you plan on skiing in the winter).  The Lac (lake) du Bourget is a bus ride away and you will be just over an hour from Geneva, with Italy  3 hour away. A good idea to get to know people would be to sign up to The Association de Quartier du Centre Ville which is a Community Centre with all sorts of activities where you will meet people of all ages and backgrounds and where you could learn French if you don't already speak it - you could even do a language exchange. For renting or buying anything, from an appartment to clothes, you should consult Le Bon Coin online. Chambéry is a University town and there are lots of cinemas, bookshops, shops, theatres. Also swimming pools, sports centres.

Good luck with your project

Best wishes

Chloë
@Martha Leticia

PS I see in your profile "conocer lugares con aguas termales," - there is a spa town just outside Chambéry called Challes-les-Eaux!

@ctmiraclemaid oh thank you, its sounds like a dream!, Im going to visit chambery next year, many thank you for the advice, God bless you❤️🙏🏻

@Cheryl thank you cheryl for the excelent advice, right now Im studing french, hope can live there if God give me his blessing! Send you a big hug!

*** will also have to give you a titre de long sejour if you hope to stay longer than 90 days. Or else you could get one at the French consulate in the US before you leave. Be advised, though, they're not easy to get, so don't go signing any leases in France before you receive approval from the French government.
Moderated by Cheryl last year
Reason : Unnecessary comment
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct