Verification against EU Law

Hello,

I am planning to apply for verification against EU law for my partner and have a few questions. I am French and have been here since September, am registered, and have a tenancy contract here in NL. I have a one-year work contract but it is a unique situation as I am being paid a large stipend by a US organisation but working with a NL-based organisation. So I don't have a "real" contract. My partner is American and will be arriving in February. Before I moved here in September, we lived together for three months but my name was not officially on the lease agreement and we did not have a joint bank account. We are unmarried.

My questions are these:

1. Does my partner need to register at the municipality before we apply for verification with the IND? How can he do so without a residence permit? Is an RNI enough?

2. If the decision process takes 6 months (until we have lived together for 6 months), can he stay in the NL while we wait for the decision? Or does he have to leave after 90 days?

3. How can I prove my income if I don't have a real employment contract (so can't fill out the employer's declaration)? If we have to show bank statements, we should show that we have enough money but for how long?

4. We will be submitting the verificaition application form (for him), the registration as EU citizen form (for me), a legalised document stating that he was never married, proof of my financial situation, and copies of our passports. Is there anything else that is really crucial at this point? We will be applying by mail unless the COVID regulations change.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Welcome

Have you read this POST

Thank you for your reply! Yes, I've read the post, but to be honest was still a bit confused/am nervous about my situation since I really want this to work out! I guess I would be most curious to have answers for questions 2 and 3.

(I think I've understood only I need to register at the municipality for now (question 1), and I will figure out paperwork etc as I go (question 4)).

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

It is explained on the IND website; this link will take you there.  I'd recommend that you watch the short film and follow the instructions they provide.

My only other additional comment is that you should already be registered with the Gemeente where you live and have the BSN number.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you very much for sharing the link!

Yes, I'm already registered but I was wondering for him. But I have found my answer that he can't register until he has the letter from the IND :)

Thank you!