Riad in Marrakech : time to invest?

Hello everyone,

This topic has been mentionned before but I wanted an 2022 update.
I'm an expat looking for small investment not too far from Europe and Marrakech seems to be a good place.
-Many people that I know travel there and still plan to travel there.
-One has just bought a riad and seems happy with it.
-Offer seems to be overwhelmingly bigger than demand.
-Prices are cheap even before negociation and yield seems attractive. Beside, it's not just about yield but to have also a nice place to stay.
-I don't believe that tourism will still decrease and a back to normal should apply for Morocco after the pandemy eases. I currently live in Mexico and tourism is even bigger than in 2019 for the touristy places beside the big cities.

I purposely gave my opinion but I actually don't have first hand information. Really appreciate any comments with first hand information, not just impressions or feelings.
I would invest in a pied à terre, 4 bedroom max, 200 000 euros max. Doesn't have to be brand new but I can't manage big maintenances from abroad. Not in a hurry to rent it out. I'm used to messy places like the Medina (lived in Iran 3 years and other Middle Eastern countries for shorter period, I just love the vibe).

Thank you.

All the best,

Aotearoa1986 wrote:

Hello everyone,

This topic has been mentionned before but I wanted an 2022 update.
I'm an expat looking for small investment not too far from Europe and Marrakech seems to be a good place.
-Many people that I know travel there and still plan to travel there.
-One has just bought a riad and seems happy with it.
-Offer seems to be overwhelmingly bigger than demand.
-Prices are cheap even before negociation and yield seems attractive. Beside, it's not just about yield but to have also a nice place to stay.
-I don't believe that tourism will still decrease and a back to normal should apply for Morocco after the pandemy eases. I currently live in Mexico and tourism is even bigger than in 2019 for the touristy places beside the big cities.

I purposely gave my opinion but I actually don't have first hand information. Really appreciate any comments with first hand information, not just impressions or feelings.
I would invest in a pied à terre, 4 bedroom max, 200 000 euros max. Doesn't have to be brand new but I can't manage big maintenances from abroad. Not in a hurry to rent it out. I'm used to messy places like the Medina (lived in Iran 3 years and other Middle Eastern countries for shorter period, I just love the vibe).

Thank you.

All the best,

Hi Aotearoa1986,

Yes Morocco is booming now for investment not just in riads but also in private rental apartments and villas. Riads are more for tourist but on a long term bases with the pandemic a lot of struggling as you can imagine. But it's much better than most other countries.

I myself is asset manager for expats and overseas investors. Im happy to discuss the options with you in more detail.

Please feel free to private message me for contact information.

Regards

Arif Esa

@Vakil

I'm also looking to invest in real estate.  Can you both connect with me on WhatsApp.  Please DM me privately.

Thank you.

Lynn

I'm also looking to invest in real estate.  Can you both connect with me on WhatsApp.  Please DM me privately.

Thank you.

Lynn