Facilitation visa and MVV

Hi,

My father's facilitation visa got rejected, but we appealed to it and received a positive decision from the IND with instructions to contact the embassy and submit some new documents to collect the visa (90 day visa they said).

Although the initial visa application was submitted directly at the embassy, contrary to the IND instructions, the embassy has referred my father to contact an external service provider and has additionally asked for an MVV application.

Is this normal? Or is the embassy sending us on a wild goose chase?

Regardless of that, in the MVV form, where the purpose of travel should be chosen, the closest option that I find is Family life under art. 8 ECHR. Would this be the correct purpose? Because to my knowledge, facilitation visa is based on 2004/38/EC directive.

As of now this so called "facilitation" visa was anything, but "facilitating"...  :sick

Hi again.

With regards to conflicting information between IND and the Embassy - speak to the IND and ask for clarification, they are the Dutch government department that regulates these matters.

With regards to UNHCR and the EU, they are both entirely different organisations; it was the finding of the court that provided the means for the EU to publish its own directive that ended up with what you now have given you these rights.  The UNHCR (143 member countries) is nothing to do with the EU and is a much larger organisation than the EU (27 members).

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thanks for your reply.

IND hasn't replied to me yet, but after asking the Embassy (multiple times), they said that the MVV application is not required and they have made a mistake.