How do I make an appointment to pick up my carte grise?

Hi. With a friend's help, I managed to apply for a carte grise for the used car I purchased. I have a temporary (60-day) carte grise which will expire in a few days.

Someone told me that I need to have an appointment to pick up my carte grise. I can't figure out how to make that appointment online. Does anyone have a working link, please? I've tried several, but they don't seem to work.

I can use French without any problems, but I'm pretty lost when it comes to written Arabic.

Thank you very much.

Answer to my own question (I think). This will at least get you started.

(1) Go to:

https://www.khadamat.narsa.gov.ma/fr/re … rise/suivi

(2) Click on "Rendez-Vous" button (upper right side of screen). DON'T FILL OUT THE INFORMATION BOXES ON THE SCREEN. YOU'LL DO THAT IN LATER STEPS.

(3) You should be taken to this page:

https://www.khadamat.narsa.gov.ma/frontend/fr

(4) Under "Nature de service", select (check/tick) "Retrait du certificat d'immatriculation".

(5) On the page that appears, complete the information EXACTLY as it appears on your temporary carte grise.

You'll see at the bottom of the screen that you choose the format of your car's immatriculation number. After choosing the format, you'll have to provide the actual immatriculation number.

My number is format 99999-(alif)-99. If yours also has this common format, do the following:

(a) First enter the final two (rightmost) numbers in left-to-right order.
(b) Enter a hyphen.
(c) Then insert an the Arabic letter (alif, in my case) that can be copied and pasted from the Wikipedia page on the Arabic alphabet. (Or you can use an Arabic keyboard if you have access to one.)
(d) Enter a hyphen.
(e) Now enter the initial five numbers in left-to-right order.

At least this worked for me! Your format might be different or something else might go wrong. If so, sorry.

Then press "Suivant".

I'm sorry, but I don't recall what came next, but this should at least get you started. A page or two later, you'll be presented with a table showing available appointments colored green. You check/tick the one that you want.

Close to the end, I had to agree to the conditions and put a check/tick beside an "I'm a human" Captcha. That caused an e-mail message to be sent to the e-mail address I had provided in completing the webform. The e-mail message asked me to click on a confirmation link, which led me to a new page detailing the time and date of my appointment.

We'll see if everything works when I show up for my appointment!

Follow-up, in case you're interested.

My appointment to retrieve my carte grise was for 9 a.m. today. I was out of there by 9:05 a.m., carte grise in hand! Impressive!