Greek driving license

As an Irish Citizen living on Crete, I am in the process of applying for a Greek Driving License.
I have an Irish Passport.
Recently I was told by the Biometric I.D. team within Chania Police Station that I do not need a Biometric I.D. Card as I am an Irish Citizen. And still a member of the EU.
Q. Do I need a Biometric card to apply for a Greek Driving License?

I think you need to exchange your Irish one for a Greek one

patricktynan wrote:

As an Irish Citizen living on Crete, I am in the process of applying for a Greek Driving License.
I have an Irish Passport.
Recently I was told by the Biometric I.D. team within Chania Police Station that I do not need a Biometric I.D. Card as I am an Irish Citizen. And still a member of the EU.
Q. Do I need a Biometric card to apply for a Greek Driving License?

Do you have an Irish Driving License? If so, you just need to simply swop them over and pay the cost of doing so.

I do not have an Irish Driving License!
My existing D.L. is from UK, my Passport is Irish.
My Q is this: The Biometric Dept within the Chania Police Station told me once they had seen my Passport, that I did not need a Biometric I.D. Card.
Why? Because Ireland (Eire)  is still very much part of the E.U.
And as a result I do not need the B.I.C.
Have now been told that my application for a change of D.L. has to be supported by the B.I.C.
Confusion? Of course!
Who do I believe?
Patrick.

patricktynan wrote:

I do not have an Irish Driving License!
My existing D.L. is from UK, my Passport is Irish.
My Q is this: The Biometric Dept within the Chania Police Station told me once they had seen my Passport, that I did not need a Biometric I.D. Card.
Why? Because Ireland (Eire)  is still very much part of the E.U.
And as a result I do not need the B.I.C.
Have now been told that my application for a change of D.L. has to be supported by the B.I.C.
Confusion? Of course!
Who do I believe?
Patrick.

Has your UK license expired?

No!
Good for another 3 years.