Customs duty when driving to Greece

I have a house in greece but do not yet have Greek residency.  Im planning to drive to Greece this spring and take some furniture, tools, household items with me.  I have read that if items are over 6 months old I do not need to pay import duty but will need to do som for anything that is new.  Does anyone know anything about this as I am struggling to find any proper information on this.

thanks in anticipation

@Stravatha I think you only have an import limit of €480 for new items to be tax free - I would simply brin the things over during a few separate trips to not stand out and risk it - (as I did - and  when I did get caught I simply played dumb and they warmed me not to do this next time) otherwise you need to talk to Greek customs

Thanks Philip,

Thats really useful info.  Have you any idea where I can find the official line on this?

Many thanks

@Stravatha sorry no - often things you would expect to be clear and online are not there - I would send an email to the Greek embassy in London to try this route instead

Thanks Philip,

Many thanks

Jeremy

@Stravatha

Are you an EU citizen and were the goods (irrespective of their age) bought in an EU country with VAT paid in that country? If so, neither customs duty nor Greek VAT.

It's called the Internal Market!

@Stravatha
Are you an EU citizen and were the goods (irrespective of their age) bought in an EU country with VAT paid in that country? If so, neither customs duty nor Greek VAT.
-@Squealer

They are English so they are not EU citizens.

Hi,

My older household items wqere vpurchased when the UK was still in the EU but I guess thats irelevant

Thanks all

I've been recommended a company called Nomad International in the UK for transporting goods to Crete from the UK. They can give you more info, surely. You can find them online.