Road Travel from Riyadh to UAE - 2021

can you pls share the agent details? What type of visa did you apply?

any tips for travel on Saudi side like closest petrol station before the border? Are there restaurants available?
can you pls share the agent details? What type of visa did you apply?

any tips for travel on Saudi side like closest petrol station before the border? Are there restaurants available?
- @notyamaan

I took it from Akbar travels in batha, Riyadh. There are petrol stations just google it you will find it before the immigrations. Fill your tank to full because it is 3.67 per litre in UAE. There are restaurants but when I travelled it was Ramdan.
Hello there , I read the whole post since last year , is is very informative thanx for that , I'm planning to travel on 28 August by my car , is there any new restrictions or I need only the visa , passports and car documents?
Thanx in advance
Hi @maq_72004,

For a lease car from the bank, any info what they need in the border?

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Hello every one, quite informative. Thanks

I am planning to go to dubai via car, do you still need to have a pcr test done ?

Further, I am planning to send my wife and kids to India from Dubai, and I would come back to saudi by road, is it possible ?

Or, put it other way, is it possible for you to travel to dubai by road and depart by air ?

Please guide ASAP, as I am planning this week only

Thanks in advance

@Eahmed89

Hi,

Regarding travelling via road from ksa to dubai. Is saudi e-driving license enough or you need hard copy (physical) to be shown some where on the way?

@mtk0085 Hi, did you get salik while you were here in UAE? I am in UAE now in saudi car and need to know if it's mandatory to get Salik? Did they ask you anything while leaving country at border?

@Shoaib Ahmed86  As nobody replied, I started my journey to Riyadh from dubai..and on the border no one asked about anything. Straight to the immigration counter and out of UAE.

Hello everyone, Can someone in detail the step by step procedure to  get Visa to Dubai as Saudi Iqama holder, and how to travel by road (From Dammam to Dubai)I am planning to travel with my family for 1 or 2 week from last week of December 2022 until first week of January 2023.Main concern is:1-  When applying for visa through https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/, what need to choose as port of entry?2- Do we need PCR Test?3- Where to get Salik  card or how to pay toll in Dubai?4- Is Saudi driving license ok or need make international one?

@sergio_sergio Please find below:

1) Do not know, as i get visas through an agent.

2) As of now, no need for PCR test, if you can produce a covid vaccination certificate. Please re-check the requirements closer to your travel dates. A good place to check would be emirates/etihad airlines websites. Entry requirements are pretty much the same for land & air borders.

3) Salik cards you can get from one of the gas stations on the way to Dubai (Enoc, Adnoc etc). You can purchase Salik card within 10 days of first passing through a toll gate. Although, legally speaking, Salik is required even for Saudi registered vehicles, i've heard they are not imposing any fines even if you don't have the Salik card for a saudi vehicle (not sure about this). I suggest, you get a card, just to be on the safe side.

4) Saudi license is fine. You don't need an international license.

Hope this helps.

@Eahmed89 Thank you )

Anyone can answer on this Question:  When applying for visa through https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/, what need to choose as port of entry?and if choose different port of entry - will be any issues?

@aryan M

I ready your comment, infact I am also facing the same problem, I contacted GDRFAD and they told "this is normal wait for immigration", has your matter resolved and how much did it take to give your the approval/rejection" ?

Hello everyone,

I read on this post that a lot of people traveled from Riyadh to Dubai. For the first time, I will be traveling it from Riyadh to Dubai and would like the experts to guide on the best and safe route. Google maps is showing me two routes 1) with tolls 2) without tolls and the time is almost the same. Appreciate your guidance.

I want to travel from UAE to Riyadh on 27 or 28 of jan - wanted to check if I can get some company while travelling

has anyone recently travelled from Dubai to Riyadh can some in the forum help. Are they any restriction for travelling

how much time it take as I have never drove from Dubai

what is the max speed are they many camera on the road any type of help would be much appreciated

@Sapbwdev7 when are you planning to go from Riyadh

also is there any return planned we're in UAE u r places

can I get your no to talk personally - thnx

I'm traveling again to Dubai again tomorrow on road.

What are the requirement to go to UAE if your car is on bank loan

Hi there, my car is on bank loan, what is the procedure in this case to goto UAE.

Hi there, my car is on bank loan, what is the procedure in this case to goto UAE.
-@dnasim234

Contact the bank/leasing company and get an authorization to drive to GCC. Make sure you have an exit re-entry visa, this is a requirement to get the authorization

Hi

Any one recently travel from Saudi to Dubai via Car , Please share the proocess

I am issuing visa form https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en  website and then will carry car Istimara, Visa copy , Iqama , Passports

Any other suggestions ?

How long normally it takes to cross the border

@Jerome DC

Hi

Any one recently travel from Saudi to Dubai via Car , Please share the proocess

I am issuing visa form https://www.gdrfad.gov.ae/en  website and then will carry car Istimara, Visa copy , Iqama , Passports

Any other suggestions ? something new when you travel last time

@Jerome DC

Hello Jerome, your review is helpful, any idea of the current procedure as I plan to travel in this coming eid holidays by my car which is on my name and I already got my GCC residence new entry permit visa online.

waiting for your kind feedback

Good morning to all,my plan is to travel on 23rd April 2023 to dubai and return on 27 April 2023 . do i need to take SALIK sticker ?

Is it ok to use UAE evisa with port of entry as Dubai & hatta for crossing via ALGOUIFAT border? @Jerome

Im unable to select Abudhabi port of entry while applying evisa

Hi Jerome,

Useful info. Is it ok to use UAE EVISA with port of entry Dubai/Hatta to enter via ALGOUIFAT ?

Im unable to select Abudhabi as port entry while applying GCC EVISA

Anyone recently travelled from riyadh to UAE by road? Are the accepting GCC entry permit by land border?

anyone recently travelled to UAE using land border? are the accepting GCC entry permit?