Road Travel from Riyadh to UAE - 2021

usmanmca2011 wrote:

Hello there ,
Thanks for your valuable inputs .

I have plans to travel by road soon .My query is that children below age 5 needs PCR test mandatory ?

Thanks in advance for the replies

Do we need to Register the UAE covid 19 App "ALHOSN" , if we travel by car to Dubai?

Do we need to register in the ALHOSN App by UAE while entering from Saudi to Dubai through Abu Dhabi ?

Jerome DC wrote:
ejazismayil wrote:

Thanks for the update. Kindly confirm regarding the PCR test, whether the test has to be taken within 48 hrs or 72 hrs. As I'm planning to travel on November 18th 2021.
Please confirm below is there any other documents required apart from the listed ones:
My own vehicle with no bank loan.
- Vehicle Istimara
- Original Passport
- Original iqama
- Exit Re-entry copy
- PCR test
- 2 doze Vaccination  certificate.

Waiting for your reply.

That's all you need. Make sure you have a uae visa also. 72 hours validity for PCR, from the date of sample collection.

Please advice me about the ALHOSN app registration.

I just came back to Riyadh from a road trip to Dubai and Abu Dhabi last week.

Border crossing to UAE on Fri, 26 Nov took so much time, almost 4 hours in total due to many cars and the 2-hour queue for checking the PCR tests on UAE side (manual system). Border crossing to KSA on Fri, 3 Dec was fast, only took us 40 mins. Minimal check by KSA Custom, they only asked whether we brought in any gold or whiskies.

In Dubai, you could just enter any malls/restaurants without showing any Covid-19 apps for vaccination proof. In Abu Dhabi, you need to show your Tawakkalna green status for entrance to malls. At some places, they also asked for PCR test results.

N

fantomattam wrote:

Do we need to register in the ALHOSN App by UAE while entering from Saudi to Dubai through Abu Dhabi ?

No need. Tawakkalna is enough for entry to malls in Abu Dhabi. And none is required for malls/restaurants in Dubai.

sks_sks_sk wrote:

Hi Jerome / Eahmed89

Which is the best route from riyadh to UAE the google map shows two roads, one through Kharj and then the straight road to the border ( this road shows yellow as if there is traffic or construction going on ). Another one is towards Hofuf and then to the border. Please let me know which one will be the best route

I tried both routes. The route via Hofuf is better, and faster, although distance-wise it is longer by around 50 kms.

Hi Good day all.
-May I please ask where did you have your PCR test done here in Riyadh  (prior to  UAE travel) and UAE (prior to travel back in Riyadh)
-Is there any additional requirements when travelling fr.  Abu Dhabi to Dubai   or to other Emirates?
Thanks.

ivees wrote:

Hi Good day all.
-May I please ask where did you have your PCR test done here in Riyadh  (prior to  UAE travel) and UAE (prior to travel back in Riyadh)
-Is there any additional requirements when travelling fr.  Abu Dhabi to Dubai   or to other Emirates?
Thanks.

From Riyadh, i did from Delta Lab, cost is 115 sr including VAT. Take your appointment and enter your details at blazma.com. Saves time at the testing center, where you just have to show them the booking and make payment.

In the UAE, I booked covid test through the governments app called Seha. Cost is 50 DHS. They have drive-through testing centers, a bit far from city center. Alternatively, you can do from any clinics/hospitals. Cost would be around 100 dhs.

No requirements for travelling from Abu dhabi to Dubai or vice versa.

Hi,  mkCapt05  & Eahmed89

I want to travel from saudi arabia to dubai by road via AL-BATHA BORDER border on 24th December 2021, with my family and two kids, we have take both covid vaccine dose and status in Tawakkalna is green ( immune )

1) what are the require documents need to travel by car to UAE ?
2) is fahas of car ( computer check up ) is necessary for traveling to Dubai by car or car valid registration ( istemara)  is enough.
3) what we have to select in port of arrival during filling online visa form as there are several option like- Dubai Airport, Hatta border, Jebel ali port, Rashid port etc.

please guide.

regards,

Hi All

I also want to know about PCR test rules for children, please advise

Dear i travel in 2019 September by my car from batta border Saudi to Abu Dhabi by my car model 1995, and there is not any issue, just your need you valid car documents- istemara

Shahnawaz SA wrote:

Hi All

I also want to know about PCR test rules for children, please advise

Children below 12 years old are exempted from PCR test.

HI, JERROME,

yesterday  I applied of GCC entry visa and i will be travelling by car Saudi to UAE, today morning in visa status I see BLACKLIST PENDING, can you explain is it normal as still waiting for approval.

aryan M wrote:

HI, JERROME,

yesterday  I applied of GCC entry visa and i will be travelling by car Saudi to UAE, today morning in visa status I see BLACKLIST PENDING, can you explain is it normal as still waiting for approval.

They randomly do blacklist checking on visa application. Just wait for the application result. If you have nothing to worry about, then don't worry.

Hi Jerome,

I hope your trip went well and you are back to KSA. Just a few things, if you can confirm.

1. What about the PCR tests wen you arrive in UAE, are there any PCR tests to be done?? Like on 2nd day, OR 5th day OR 12th day? Anything like that?

2. On the way back from UAE to KSA, any special requirements? other than PCR test within 72 hours of arrival?

3. Which route did you take from Riyadh to KSA? And howz the road condition?

4. Does Tawakkalna app works and acceptable in the UAE? OR some local app is to be downloaded there?? If yes, how to upload the immunization data the UAE's local app??

Kindly respond as per your convenience.

Regards,
JAK

Hi friends,
just now I receive my GCC Resident e-visa. Now I will apply for my family visa. I apply today at 2am and received just now at 10:00pm. I will be travelling from JUBAIL Insha'Allah.

@  Jerome, is PCR test required in Saudi Arabia and again during returning from UAE is it require to be done in UAE also and before how many hours we have to do PCR Test at both side if require. please guide.

Dear all

I am planning to visit UAE on land border by visit visa from Saudi Arabia.  I need your support to guide me for belwo points.

1. Is there any specific website to apply visit visa for Land border. If yes please mention to me.

2.  I have my own car 2015 model. Is it allowed to enter uae by  land border. If yes please mention to me about the proceedurs.

Thanks

Hi All

What is the border name when you travel from Dammam to Dubai via road , do any one have the contact number or is there any authentic website that has all process written

Please advise so that we can cross check all process with the concern before starting travel

please use this website to get a GCC visa:

https://smart.gdrfad.gov.ae/

Login -Individual
make new account by providing your detail:-
Click for new application
click entry permit for GCC
provide details as per passport and iqama

Saudi Border name is Batta border from where entering UAE and UAE border name is Ghuwaifat but none of this is available during visa application through online.
So you have to select Dubai airport as port of entry, even you are entering to UAE by car it is ok, there is no problem.  you can enter by your car with any old model also as long as you have valid documents of your car. Two years back i enter to UAE with my 1995 model car without problem.

Need to attach following document during visa online application:- ( jpg file size below 100 KB)
1) UAE visa photo
2) KSA iqama (preferably color )
3) passport first and last page ( which has your detail and address )
4) Attach if possible both covid vacine certificate ( to speed up process )

you should have below documents with you before entering UAE
Vehicle Istimara
- Original Passport
- Original iqama
- Exit Re-entry copy
- PCR test- about 72 hours ( please confirm at present situation with travel agent )
- 2 doze Vaccination  certificate. ( paper and in Tawakkalna app)

hope this will help you guys.

Regards,

Hi All

Please can any one answer

while filling application of GCC resident visa under sponsor we should give our name or company name while issueing visa for myself

https://smart.gdrfad.gov.ae/SmartChanne … ectedTab=2

For you visa you have to give your company name and if you filling form for your dependent then you are their sponsor.

Hi did anyone recently travel from UAE to Saudi by road? I am UAE resident visa holder and would like to travel to Jeddah in my own car. Please advise.

Hi Jerome

Thanks for the response , Is there any website or any place where these guidelines are mentioned about PCR test results requirement and exclusion of Kids based on their age

If you are aware please share

Also are you sure about the age of PCR test for Kids

Sorry just to to double check and I will be travelling by car to Dubai on 29 Dec Morning on GCC Resident VISA and want ti make sure not to stuck there due PCR and everyday changing rules

Thanks al lot in advance

Hi Jerome

Thanks for the response , Is there any website or any place where these guidelines are mentioned about PCR test results requirement and exclusion of Kids based on their age

Sorry just to to double check and I will be travelling by car to Dubai on 29 Dec Morning on GCC Resident VISA and want ti make sure not to stuck there due PCR and everyday changing rules

Thanks al lot in advance

Hi Aryan

When are you travelling , if you already travelled please share your experince and if anything you want to take care , specially PCR test  rules for Kids

Thanks

aryan M wrote:

For you visa you have to give your company name and if you filling form for your dependent then you are their sponsor.

Hi Aryan

When are you travelling , if you already travelled please share your experince and if anything you want to take care , specially PCR test  rules for Kids e.t.c

Thanks

Veerendra Kumar Kanchi wrote:

Hi did anyone recently travel from UAE to Saudi by road? I am UAE resident visa holder and would like to travel to Jeddah in my own car. Please advise.

Can someone please reply on this.

Shahnawaz SA wrote:
aryan M wrote:

Hi Aryan

When are you travelling , if you already travelled please share your experince and if anything you want to take care , specially PCR test  rules for Kids e.t.c

Thanks

Hi Aryan

Thanks

Shahnawaz SA wrote:

Hi Jerome

Thanks al lot in advance

Hi Jerome @Jerome

Thanks al lot in advance

@ SHAHNAWAZ, Today on 23rd December inshallah I will be travelling to UAE by car, regarding PCR Test for kid better you check with travel agency, or as a safe side better to do for kid if not sure to avoid problem at the border.

aryan M wrote:

@ SHAHNAWAZ, Today on 23rd December inshallah I will be travelling to UAE by car, regarding PCR Test for kid better you check with travel agency, or as a safe side better to do for kid if not sure to avoid problem at the border.

Ok thanks , once you reach there please confirm and share your experince and any documentation required other than GCC Resident VISA, Passport, Iqama, exit entry, PCR Test, Vacination Certificate, Valid Card documents

Appreciate your response once you reach Dubai

Thanks

Today I reach to Dubai, Do not forget car istemara as they ask it and give some paper which need to handover at UAE side, when u reach at UAE check post first you have go right side where there is office for eye scanning there it self they will stamp your passport and then proceed to UAE entry gate where custom will check your car laugauge, and last step is the window of your car insurance. Next enjoy road with speed limit 160 KM

Hi Jerome,

We are driving back from Dubai to Riyadh. Need some help please:

- do we need Muqeem registration?
- do we need tawakkalna application working ? I have tawakkalna but since I arrived use it's not opening.

Grateful for your help please

Thanks
Kamran

Dear
From where you get uae visa ?
Online or through agent.
As I heard that e visa from all sources are not accepted by land border. Please share the details from which source you get visa.
Thanks

Hi there

I have a residence visa for UAE.

Regards

Ok 23 December one of my friend travel and he is Uae now , I will be traveling tomorrow via car on GCC Resident visa will let you know once reach dubai InshaAllah

Hi did you take GCC resident visa or tourist visa, please confirm at the earliest, I am leaving tonight via land border from Saudi to Dubai .. thanks

Hi is there accepting GCC resident visa at land border to enter UAE, please clarify brother