Road Travel from Riyadh to UAE - 2021

Dear i need your support for UAE entry.

i applied GCC entry permit by amer website. its approved.

during application process its ask for GCC trip detail.
the first option is

1. Arrival emirates.  which is selected by default  Dubai.
2. Arrival post. it can be change and i select Hatta Border.

now i ask from amer website online chatbox. they said you cant visit by this visa because its approved for Dubai not for Abu Dhabi.

can you guide me on this regard what i can do now

alainjnv2010 wrote:

Hi is there accepting GCC resident visa at land border to enter UAE, please clarify brother

Yes they are accepting GCC visa on land borders till 29 Dec

kamiturk1 wrote:

Hi Jerome,

We are driving back from Dubai to Riyadh. Need some help please:

- do we need Muqeem registration?
- do we need tawakkalna application working ? I have tawakkalna but since I arrived use it's not opening.

Grateful for your help please

Thanks
Kamran

Hi Did you travel back ca you share all requiremenst please

usmanmca2011 wrote:
usmanmca2011 wrote:

Hello there ,
Thanks for your valuable inputs .

I have plans to travel by road soon .My query is that children below age 5 needs PCR test mandatory ?

Thanks in advance for the replies

No children below 7 not needed PCR

Hi,
I Got my visa but not through GDRFA.. I got it from an agent.. I just want to make sure is it valid visa.. I mean it is ok on border.. I am here in Riyadh right now...

What kind of visa is this ? Tourist or GCC resident

Hi Bro, Saudi driving license is enough to through car, it there is any regulation

if you e-visa you can travel by road or air, there is no problem, if you have visa mean you have that country official entry document, so you either travel by air of by land its upto you.

Hi, could you please confirm if above 7 required PCR test? What I read in Emirates website is below 12 years no need for PCR test.

Shahnawaz SA wrote:
usmanmca2011 wrote:
usmanmca2011 wrote:

Hello there ,
Thanks for your valuable inputs .

I have plans to travel by road soon .My query is that children below age 5 needs PCR test mandatory ?

Thanks in advance for the replies

No children below 7 not needed PCR

Hi, could you please confirm if above 7 required PCR test? What I read in Emirates website is below 12 years no need for PCR test.

For clarification, 3 days ago I have reached dubai via road from Saudi.
I got reconfirmed that COVID test not required for kids below 12 years.

Hi Everyone,

I have read all the information in this thread and have travelled to Abu Dhabi by road with family twice before 2020 , Just want to know about the Al Hosan App as how will it get activated . During my visit via Abu Dhabi airport they took my PCR and I got the code on my mobile number taken at the airport to get the application activated. So is there any such process followed at land boarder ? . Appreciate any reply

Regards
Kashif

Al hosan not required traveling by land to UAE, you need just PCR

Just wanted to know how the Alhosn app will be activated for travelers coming via land boarders will they take PCR test just like they do at airport ?

U have to do PCR TEST in Saudi before leaving to Dubai with negative result. Validity is 72 hours but cross check with hospital latest validity. They will ask your PCR TEST report at border.

I know thay Al hosn is not required to enter in UAE or Abu Dhabi but its required to enter any public places in Abu Dhabi there are lot restrictions without it , my question is are they going to take my PCR at boarder so that I could use this information to activate my Al Hosn App ?

@Eahmed89 
Hi Ahmed, Hope everything is fine. Can you please give me the contact details for the agent as I am travelling this month in Eid vacation to Dubai. I can get it through GDRFA Dubai but I am little confused if they will accept this through border. Because the port of entry is only Dubai airport or Hatta border. Please waiting for your reply. Thanks

@maq_72004 Al Hind Travels, India.

@mkCapt Hi, Did you apply for your visa online from GDRFA or ICA. Please share with us as I am confuse because GDRFA site is not showing land border name it shows only Dubai Airport and Hatta border, and the border which connects is guwaifat border to Abu Dhabi/Dubai. Please waiting for your soonest reply. Thanks & appreciate.

@adilayub86 Hi, did you travel on that visa by road. Please share your experience. Thanks

To All,

I am travelling again to UAE this coming EID. It's easier now than how it was when I created this topic.

@Jerome DC I am also travelling on 27 of April 2022.

@Jerome DC
Hi, do we need salik (toll charges) for our cars or no need. I am staying for 20 days. Please reply.
@Jerome DC
Hi, do we need salik (toll charges) for our cars or no need. I am staying for 20 days. Please reply.
- @maq_72004
You don't have to. I never did.
@Jerome DC

Thanks & appreciate

One more question if you don't mind. What about the traffic violations. Do they take violations when you comeback from border if any. Thanks

@Jerome DC

If I am fully vaccinated from Saudi Arabia, do I still required to do the PCR test before I travel to UAE by road?

@aryan M If I am fully vaccinated from Saudi Arabia, do I still required to do the PCR test before I travel to UAE by road?

To All,

I am travelling again to UAE this coming EID. It's easier now than how it was when I created this topic.
- @Jerome DC
Kabayan, when do you plan to travel this EID? We are also traveling. Would be good to have some company. :)
@rajeshh294
Hi, just want to confirm I am fully vaccinated still they require PCR test. Please reply. I am travelling on 27 April. We are 2 adults and 2 children ( Age 12 and 5). Adults are fully vaccinated. Child age 12 got two doses and still not eligible for booster dose, and child 5 didn't get any. Thanks, waiting for your reply.
@Jerome DC - Glad to know that, I am actually planning to travel by road with family from Bahrain to Dubai (I have Saudi multiple entry visit visa). I was trying to apply GCC resident visit visa for UAE but it is not showing Ghuwaifat port or Sila port in list of "port of arrival", i can see that you mentioned you selected Hatta border, did it not create any trouble for you when entering UAE at Ghuwaifat port ?

Thank you very much.
@Jerome DC - Glad to know that, I am actually planning to travel by road with family from Bahrain to Dubai (I have Saudi multiple entry visit visa). I was trying to apply GCC resident visit visa for UAE but it is not showing Ghuwaifat port or Sila port in list of "port of arrival", i can see that you mentioned you selected Hatta border, did it not create any trouble for you when entering UAE at Ghuwaifat port ?

Thank you very much.
- @Syed Bariq
No it did not. I just applied for a new visa and I did the same. It's what I always select. It doesn't show on the approved visa document.
I am planning to go to Dubai on Thursday night 28th april. But i dont have lost Istemara (But have in Tawakkalna digital documents) is that enough. Plz reply urgently i am in tension.

Another question i have 3rd party insurance of my car is there any problem to this?
Hi All,
I already reached Abu dhabi yesterday by road from Riyadh. The immigration was very easy and smooth. They didn't even ask for vaccination or PCR test. We have to have car registration (istemara), visa copy, passport that's all. We have to take car insurance for 210 Dirhams valid for 15 days.

Thanks for this forum which helped me a lot @jerome DC.

If anybody have any questions they are always welcome to ask.
@maq_72004 do they need original istemara or digital copy is enough.

As I have lost original one.
@daimi143x

I have the original one. I just gave it to him. I don't know if they will accept or no. Sorry.
Hi All,
I already reached Abu dhabi yesterday by road from Riyadh. The immigration was very easy and smooth. They didn't even ask for vaccination or PCR test. We have to have car registration (istemara), visa copy, passport that's all. We have to take car insurance for 210 Dirhams valid for 15 days.

Thanks for this forum which helped me a lot @jerome DC.

If anybody have any questions they are always welcome to ask.
- @maq_72004
That is great news! I will travel tomorrow. Your visa was from gdrfa?
@Jerome DC

Thanks & appreciate

One more question if you don't mind. What about the traffic violations. Do they take violations when you comeback from border if any. Thanks
- @maq_72004
I know I violated some traffic rules while in UAE. But they never came back to me. just always make sure you drive safe and obey the rules. But in case you did them unintentionally, you have nothing to worry about.
To All,

- @Jerome DC
Kabayan, when do you plan to travel this EID? We are also traveling. Would be good to have some company. smile.png - @Mhac MR
I'm travelling tomorrow at 3am.
@Jerome DC
No I took it from an agent in Riyadh.