Internship work permit (How long does it take?)

Hello,

So I am a non-EU citizen studying for my Master's degree in France. I recently received a 6-month internship offer in the Netherlands. This internship is also obligatory for me to validate my diploma in France. The problem is that the company wants me to start on September 1st and they are not going to help me with the visa application except providing necessary documents. I did some research online and I am not sure if I can get the visa in time considering I will be doing the application myself. So I would like to know if anyone who has had similar problems can share their experience or if anyone know how long  in average this particular type of process takes.

P.S.
I have a residence permit in France and I am currently in France so I will start the application here and not in my country.
The company is a recognized sponsor.

Thank you in advance.  :D

How are you?, i would like to thank you for the great opportunity you have offered to me i am much interested in it and looking forward for it to begin. I wanted to ask that how long will this take

Alex Mercer wrote:

Hello,

So I am a non-EU citizen studying for my Master's degree in France. I recently received a 6-month internship offer in the Netherlands. This internship is also obligatory for me to validate my diploma in France. The problem is that the company wants me to start on September 1st and they are not going to help me with the visa application except providing necessary documents. I did some research online and I am not sure if I can get the visa in time considering I will be doing the application myself. So I would like to know if anyone who has had similar problems can share their experience or if anyone know how long  in average this particular type of process takes.

P.S.
I have a residence permit in France and I am currently in France so I will start the application here and not in my country.
The company is a recognized sponsor.

Thank you in advance.  :D

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Your French residence permit will get you into the other Schengen states for 90 days, but that's not long enough, so you need to speak with the Dutch Government Department that deals with residence permits and work visas, the IND; this link will take you straight to their website.  They have a link to their contact page in the top right-hand corner; on there are details of how to contact them with any specific questions you may have.

Normally these things can take up to 90 days to arrange, so time is not on your side if you wish to achieve this before 1 Sep.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team