I need advice please

Hi
I'm getting an Italian passport and I'm wanting to live in Spain and my questions are what do I need to do and have organised for a long term stay in Spain.

Thanks
Mirella

As an EU national you have the right to live in Spain.

You will need to apply for EU
Citizen Registration. 

Basically you need 100% medical cover with no exceptions nor co-payments, and sufficient income.  That's about 6,000 € per year, or equivalent in savings, property, etc.

This may help :-

EU. Reg requirements

As an EU national to apply for EU citizen registration (green paper certificate) you need:-

As a worker

Proof of a job or a formal confirmation of a job offer.  That covers the requirements for income and health cover.

Or.

Proof of self employment

If not a worker

Proof of sufficient income or savings or assets, could be a property.

Proof of 100% medical cover with no excesses nor co-payments. That can be S1 cover from DWP or private insurance.

PLUS

Valid passport and copy

A Completed EX 18 application form,

Proof you have paid the fee

TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE POLICE FOR  NIE,  E.U. Citizen registration, etc.

As you go through you will find links to the application forms and the payment, at any bank, form

.•       GO TO https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/

•             PROVINCES AVAILABLE:       CHOOSE the province where your are living/ staying
https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/icpplus/
•             SECTIONS AVAILABLE IN PROVINCE:          OPEN PAGE AND SELECT SECTION  REQUIRED

e.g.    “policía  certificado de residente o no residente”  (that includes NIE application)

•             ENTER THE DETAILS OF APPLICANT. if you have an NIE show that, if not then show your passport number

•            CHOOSE NATIONAL POLICE STATION FOR APPOINTMENT:      The one that covers the area where you are living – staying. If it does not show up it means there are no appointments available, so try again later.  It will eventually show up.

•             CHOOSE APPOINTMENT,  AND THEN CONFIRM

•             You must PRINT A COPY OF THE APPOINTMENT,   And take it with you to the police station

You can find info here in english about completing the EX15. It is almost the same as for the EX18.

http://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consulados … 0GUIDE.pdf

Thanks im planning to make an appointment with the Spanish consulate in Edinburgh
To get their views

Thanks, I'm thinking of going to the Spanish consulate once I've got my Italian passport
Do you advice me of going there

Having provided you with all these info, and probably more than you need, there is no point in seeking more.

However it's a  matter for you to decide.

PS You may have noticed I am shown as ‘an expert'

Thanks to I'm just needing help to put all information together it's a lot

Yes very complicated :-    “Basically you need 100% medical cover with no exceptions nor co-payments, and sufficient income.  That's about 6,000 € per year, or equivalent in savings, property, etc.”

The rest on my post was ‘holding your hand' every step of the way !

Johncar,
Do I need 100% medical coverage in Spain as a dual citizen of Spain and the US?
I have health insurance in the US, that gives me coverage overseas for emergencies only.

I have not yet qualified as a 'resident' of Spain, not spending 183 days ever or owning property.

To qualify for a visa you do… this might be helpful: https://www.spainexpat.com/information/ … ance-spain

Bocheball.

Excuse but I am confused.  You say you are Spanish and USA.

That being so, don't you have the right to live in Spain without any conditions?

Yes, I think that's true. NO conditions. sorry for the confusion.

Recently I had to go to the emergency room of 2 hospitals in Barcelona and was charged 1000euros. I have submitted the bill to my US insurance company.

However,  as a citizen(not resident) of Spain, do I get free Spanish health insurance? I'm not working or paying taxes at the moment.

Thanks

Still confused

You ask if you have free health cover having said you had to pay for recent visits

Does that not answer your question?

I was asking- am I eligible to be enrolled in the Spanish health system, as a resident, but not a citizen?

We are enrolled in the Spanish health system as residents. Go to the nearest CAP (primary care office) or hospital and ask where you have to go to apply for the card. It was very easy for us. We presented a few documents, and we were in.

Thanks! :)