Furniture & Vehicle import

Hi can anyone please advise if it is cheaper to ship household furniture and my vehicle 1999 Jaguar XK8 V8 or purchase a car & furniture in Mauritius...
Thx in anticipation
Peter

Hi,

You cannot bring in a 1999 second-hand vehicle....only vehicles aged between 18 months and 48 months are eligible.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Patrick

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Kindly share information without promoting services.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Peter ( & Mariaan)
Trust you are both well.   
I did see your previous post asking for feedback "moving to MRU from South Africa". 
You may get some feedback in due course from your fellow South Africans.
I can only tell you about my own experience.
You got a reply regarding your car - so will give my opinion about your furniture & boat.
It it up to you if you want to ship most of your belongings over.  How much do they mean to you ?  If the cost is not an issue then go for it.                                   

I have been in the same situation before - what to do with furniture etc when moving house/overseas or downsizing..... 

I gave away furniture (wardrobes/beds/garden furniture) to family members & other items to neighbours.   

Are you keeping a smaller property in South Africa ? If so you could keep the bare minimum as furnishings & maybe rent the place. 
Am sure you will find what you need in Mauritius and will not need much to furnish your new place.   
Make a list of what's important to you both & check this list now and again & amend it as you think fit. 
My list is minimal - Items  & mementoes that will give me some fond memories....

Your Boat: Is it a sail boat ? Can you sail it with a minimum 3/4 crew from South Africa to Mauritius ?  Would be fun to do so. 
If smaller - ship it (container/cargo ship) if you think it will be worth bringing over.
Someone will tell you how much new boats cost in Mauritius.

Hope this has given you food for thought and best of luck with your move to Mauritius.

Regards

Rick

Thank you Rick sure is food for thought... have a blessed day...P&am

Thx Patric...blessings P&M