New members of the Tunisia forum, introduce yourselves here - 2021

Hi all,

Newbie on the Tunisia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Tunisia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Bonjour
Avez-vous des adresses à Hambourg où je peux passer le DSH svp?

Hello,
Hope everyone safe, it's a big pleasure to be a part of expat forum, just joined today and I would like to communicate with you and all the members of this forum.

Best regards,
Bilal Skhiri

welcome to the group:

Thanks a lot..

Hello. I don't know how I actually found this forum but I am taking it as a sign. I come with not happy news. My husband is from Tunisia. He left to visit a sick relative and hardly calls me or his children. He has been doing a lot of shady stuff and comes up with excuses of why he isn't able to come back. We have not heard from him for a while and I know it's because he doesn't know what other lie he can say. Trust me he has said them all. He always said Tunisia is not safe for Americans. His children were his world and now it is like he doesn't even care. I want to go to Tunisia myself and confront him face to face so he can tell me what is really going on. I only speak English and I know he would never imagine me going up there.  Is it safe for me to go to Tunisia? I am doing this for his children who deserve an answer so they do not have to stress and worry 😫 about their dad along with me. Any help is appreciated.

never mind I already told that Tunisia is safe !
we are not in war or something ! you just need to find friends and use apps for rent and transportation .. there is no need to be afraid :)
and as i told im a woman of 30 years old Im a teacher and I have plenty friends from allover the world 🥰
you can trust me as a helpful friend and together we will unleash girls power🤣😂😂 he will be choked by finding you in Tunisia especially without his help 😂
we nees to talk girl for more plans 🤣🤣😂😂

Hi Z.
So sorry for you, Tunisie is more than safe, but yes like every place money talks.
You have money, yes can stay and live a great experience, but about your " husband " and the relationship between you both, you are the only one to consider the circumstance.
How you're getting a source of living.
How much do you need someone who lies all the time.
How much are you willing to give for that relationship.
How much do you know your " husband ".
How much do your children need a father like him or ready to relocate from USA to Tunisie.

It's only you who can answer.
Believe me none of the Tunisian would like to leave the USA and come to stay in Tunisie.

My name is Abubakarr jalloh, I came in Tunisian as a migrant, now I am under going some difficulty in me no work, no place to sleep, and food issue is another problem

Hi
My nick name is Betty. My husband and I have been visiting Tunisia for the last 30 years, we love the country and everything about it and are now planning on retiring  there.
He's already retired but we have to wait 2 more years until I retire to make the move but meanwhile I am researching renting somewhere to live, bank accounts, health insurance etc.
I'd also like to get to know any ex pats living in and around Sousse in the hope of building up a friendship base for when we move.
We are due to holiday next May 2022 (travel restrictions lifted re covid) and will visit estate agents for more information.

Hi Betty,
I hope you and your husband are well. Good to know that you are moving for retirement to live in Tunisia.
Do you prefer touristic places ? Or residential areas ?
If Hergla ( a nice village in Sousse) interest you,please let me know.
Best regards,

Hi Betty

Good luck with your plans and I am sure you are well aware of pluses and minuses if you have  been visiting Tunisia for 30 years. I have  been living here as a resident 'retiree' for two years but in my case my husband is Tunisian. I was also spending summers here with husband and two kids for 30 years before retiring.

Not easy to manage with day to day issues unless you speak Tunisian or French - and not all Tunisians speak French. I have found 'officials' can be quite rude and impatient if you don't speak Tunisian (or at least French). Also getting someone in for maintenance issues, e.g. a plumber or electrician, can be challenging even if you speak Tunisian - so it is important to find a good landlord!  Maybe I am assuming wrongly and you do speak the language(s) or are currently learning.

I only know (of) a handful of  British expat retirees in Hammamet, though plenty of Italians and French. I think there are more British in the Sousse area (I may be completely wrong in assuming you are both British so apologies if so.)

As you will know, it is certainly relatively cheap to live  here compared with most of Wn Europe. We know a retired Italian couple renting a partly furnished four bed villa a few mins walk from the beach for 1200 TND per month (about £300) but this was direct from the landlord without any agent's fees - you can see 'to let' signs posted outside buildings.

Not sure what expats do about health insurance - I think premiums are expensive if you start over the age of 60 so it may be better just to have some kind of emergency fund set aside for if and when you need to go to private doctor.

Canadian living in tunisia, this is a very safe, beautiful, peaceful place. I lived with my Tunisian spouse in Hammamet & Nabeul.

Like every country there a percentage on people who can not be trusted.

Sorry to hear your story... I also had some difficulties as I was not accepted by  my spouses family so we had to make it on our own.

Happy

Nice to know a fellow Canadian enjoying life in Tunisia.
We are Pakistani-Canadians, now retiring, and looking at a beachview life in the sun. Children are well-settled in Vancouver , but that place is very expensive, to live independently.
What beach-town location do you recommend for a couple, to live within a $1000 a month pension?

Hello i'm Tunisian
So with a 1000$ a month you can live a luxurious life for a couple everything related to the house is so cheap and groceries aswell , you can spend your life in any city if you want beautiful beaches i recommend "Mahdia" as a Tunisian it's the best for a beach life during summer
And if u want a city where u will find friendly people you can have a sea view house and it's so cheap compared  to houses in hamamet sousse tunis Sfax is the place if you make friends in sfax you will become like a family to them and they will help you without expecting something in return if you like history Tunisia is full of historical sites .
I recommend that you make a tunisian friend so every expencive thing will become cheap .
Have a nice day

hi
did youreceive any replies about your question

I am in contact with a Tunisian I fell innlove with in Tunis. He has no job and is waiting for the miracle for me to bring him to the UK. He has recently had the vaccine which he says has caused him to feel really ill. He said the doctor has told him he needs overall blood test. It will cost 230 dinars and us asking me to help. Im not feeling great about this .

Hello, Sorry I don't speak English so I am using the translator. Be very careful, beware. unfortunately with the times that life in Tunisia there is a lot of scam. Whether asking for money or fake marriages. They are very strong. I have been married to a Tunisian for 12 years but many in my husband's family are getting married for papers. It is extremely common. Be carefull.

Please don't send any money, this is definitely a red flag !!
Go on Tunisia love rats to read more about BEZNESS

Cdella02 wrote:

I am in contact with a Tunisian I fell innlove with in Tunis. He has no job and is waiting for the miracle for me to bring him to the UK. He has recently had the vaccine which he says has caused him to feel really ill. He said the doctor has told him he needs overall blood test. It will cost 230 dinars and us asking me to help. Im not feeling great about this .

I doubt it... if he's that concerned he can go to a free clinic.  Tell him, sorry you can't because you need to pay your rent on the 1st.

On $1,000 Canadian you can live very comfortable in Tunisia.  This is my plan when I retire! <3

He said no free clinics without insurance.

The one I speak to is the bloody same. He don't call me sometimes for hours.  I wonder what the shit they do. Another thing I have a go at him he says I control him and he has enough. Then he starts calling. Pissed off.

Tell him to get a job then.

https://fr.april-international.com/en/h … em-tunisia

It sounds like he's playing games with you and I'd be very cautious.

Even if they don't work rhey still can have blood tests, or they need to be paid for.

I don't know, sorry.  But, I paid under 30dt for bloodwork and a checkup as a non-resident in 2020.

Have you met his family before? Spoken to them?

No i live in the Uk

I met my husband online and it's always scary like that. But I talk with him evryday on messenger camera for a couple hours straight. And then throughout the day. And I've met his whole family before I took the plunge to meet him in person. I think it's best if you meet more of his family. Thus you can tell if he's honest. Especially if he is Muslim. Good luck!

Hi, I'm Chris(tine). I've lived in Tunisia since October 2019 so much of my new life has been in Covid conditions. I've been living near Kantaoui and have now decided to move to Hammamet. If there are any English or French speakers who'd like to meet up for a coffee and/or a walk please get in touch. If anyone knows of any group meet-ups or would like to start one it would be great to hear from you. Finally - does anyone know of any good exercise classes here? Thanks and take care

I am Morched Guettat, living currently in Romania. I am working in the oil and gas industry. Would like to relocate to my country of origin Tunisia where I have a piece of agriculture land around 30 acres. My plan is to prepare this piece of land for my retirement. The support of a local agricultural architect would be very welcome.
Anybody who can help me identifying the right expert?

Any Filipino Tunisian here. I visit Tunisia sometimes. I just wanted to meet someone who can translate Arabic to English. Thanks

Hello. If you are looking for occasional friends we can get intouch when I visit Tunisia again. I am British national who is married with Tunisian guy. My husband family lives in Sousse. We are  planning for a visit Tunisia before Eid next year around end of April I guessed. Would be nice to talk to someone who speak English when I am over there aside from my husband. My husband family don't speak English and not a lot of people in Tunisia can speak English. Hope you read my message. Thanks.

Hello. If you are looking for occasional friends we can get intouch when I visit Tunisia again. I am British national who is married with Tunisian guy. My husband family lives in Sousse. We are  planning for a visit Tunisia before Eid next year around end of April I guessed. Would be nice to talk to someone who speak English when I am over there aside from my husband. My husband family don't speak English and not a lot of people in Tunisia can speak English. Hope you read my message. Thanks.

:cheers:

Hi 👋 hello this is Mohammed Khaja pasha from Hyderabad India I'm 24 years old I'm completed my graduation in 2019 and I have 3 years experience in Insurance police

And I'm planning to move their For start a new life because I love the country because of pure islamic cultural and traditional so that why my mein cause .

Thanks
Regards 💐
Mohammed khaja pasha

Just maid up your mind to come over and you will see things for your self.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=969430

Thanks!

Closed