Moving "2BEAUTIFULFRANCE" !

Hello Community Members

Hope things are fine with YOU and your loved ones in our current climate of Covid-19

Well anyway HAPPY NEW YEAR and a PROSPECTUS ONE as well !

Currently here in London and should be there in France by next week sometime getting my papers ready and sorted

Looking to go to a nice reasonable value place to stay there and have been there before such a BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY

Can work online but NOT SURE about the visa so will be probably getting a 90 Day Plus One and what the tax implications are ?

Also looking to get NATIONALLY there as have British Passport but will be a foreign immigrant there and looking for GOOD ADVICE as You are there and any advice would be VERY appreciated at this current time

I look forward to your replies and advice in these different times

Best Ever
Paul

It doesn't matter if you have a British Passport, you will have to have lived in the country for X amount of years before you qualify for French Citizenship.

If you were not living in France before 31st December you will be treated as a 3CN due to Brexit.

Hello SIMCityAT

Thank you so much for a quick response to my query

Have net searched the term 3CN but cannot find what it means yet ?
Been France24 wiki (lol) for the last 10 -15minutes
Can you tell me what those initial stands for or direct me to a link etc
Best Ever
Paul

3CN = 3rd country national; it's how the EU refers to non-EU citizens.

Hello Cynic

Thank you SO MUCH for that bit of info

How would that apply ? when I want to live and work in France and have NATIONALLY / PASSPORT there

Looking to NOT go back to UK for whatever reasons !
All help I VALUE with advice and opinions
Best Ever
Paul

Hi again,

If you already have French nationality, then you are not (by definition) a 3CN in the EU and have the right to live and work anywhere within the EU.  However, your Forum information tells us you're an English national and that's what we use when trying to help you guys and probably why SIMCityAT said what he did.

However, if you are not a UK citizen, then you should be aware that if you applied for UK permanent residence on the UK leaving the EU and then decide to move elsewhere to another country, that you will lose your UK residence rights after 2 years, but as you have told us "to NOT go back to UK for whatever reasons !", then I guess that's not an issue for you.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello Cynic

Thanks again for a VERY detailed reply

Well I have a British passport but would NOT mind getting that passport rights not having to have French NATIONALLY instead !

I am “mixed heritage” and in the PROCESS of getting that passport from the Caribbean Islands but this will take about 2 years to do from now

What would be the BEST course of action to take to get visa / permit in France AND NOT COMING BACK TO UK

Would not mind spending a few hundred euros to find that out or help from qualified solicitor dealing with such things

I look forward to your reply and “DOKEEPSAFE” You and Your loved ones
Best Ever
Paul

Hi again.

At the top of this page is a link to our Discover France Guide.  At this stage, my advice is read that and find out what you need to do in order to obtain your visa and work permit in order to live and work in France.  In particular, there is a list of items you will need in order to go through the process.

If you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello Cynic

Thanks for that
Yes ! Will read that guide by the way BRILLIANT website as well

Thanks and BEST Paul

Hello Cynic

Here is an EXCELLENT website link where the info was UPDATED today

https://www.getyourguide.com/magazine/c … trictions/

Portugal and UAE seems more attractive to go there sooner WITH less cost (lol) and restrictions seeming some countries are in different tiers at present
Just want out of UK wrong weather etc

Thanks AGAIN Paul

Hi again.

Portugal certainly seems to be the place of choice for many Expats.  I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hello Cynic

Hope things are fine with you and France

Made my mind up and soon be there by today
Here are a few links where I think will help ANYONE within the UK to get home
List of antigen tests authorized for entry to France from UK - France in the United Kingdom - La France au Royaume-Uni (ambafrance.org)

List of private providers of coronavirus testing - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Fit to Fly, PCR, Antigen & Antibody Testing | Corona Test Centre
My test token

Entry requirements - France travel advice - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Entry requirements subtopic
Have a Good / Nice day !
Best Regards
Paul

Hello Cynic

Believe it or not
Went to Eurostar in London to get to France
Gave VALID REASON was refused to get train
Best Anyway
Paul

Grey Matter One wrote:

Hello Cynic

Believe it or not
Went to Eurostar in London to get to France
Gave VALID REASON was refused to get train
Best Anyway
Paul

Essential travel only and you need a negative COVID test within the last 72 hours.  I'm interested in what your valid reason was, however, you don't have to disclose it.

The UK is in one of the worst crises in their history with great loss of people and you were wondering why you couldn't get on the train for a vacation?