Failed Job

Help!

I applied a job through agency and got an interview in their office in Rotterdam last Friday. My husband was their also.

After i accepted a job ( menial job)  he told me he will send  all the details on Monday at 4 pm then i can start the job on Wednesday. He took copy of my documents including my bank  account/atm.

Yesterday Monday at 4:15 i emailed him about the details so i can prepare for Wednesday and to make some research of the company. I included my phone number. But no call untill now and it's the end of the day already.

Do you think the offered job is real? What happened why he didn't contact me?  What happened to my documents he copied? Should i change bank  account number?

I'm more concerned of the docs i gave.

What do i do? Please guide me.

Krissha

Hello, what is the name of this agency??? Where do you live/what is your visa situation? A menial job??? What does it mean???

Menial job - minimum salary job. Order Picker.  He offered me a job in groothandel in Spanse Polder.

I live in  South Holland. I live here for 2 years now. I have mvv visa temporary working to permanent. I have BSN. My husband is dutch.

Hi again.

I wouldn't despair straight away; try giving his office a call in the morning.  I'd recommend you go and see your bank (phones will just go to a call centre) and let them know just what information you gave him, they know better than anybody on an Internet forum what risk your personal information disclosure has made.

Working in the Netherlands is a bit weird at the moment and there could be many reasons why he hasn't gotten back to you, one of which is that he was a scammer, so please be careful in the future.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team