ENTRY TO BAHRAIN DURING PANDEMIC

This is to share my experience upon arrival in Bahrain during this time of pandemic. I came to Bahrain last September 10, 2020. There's a transit from the plane that dropped us passengers in a certain area of airport to follow instructions regarding the RT-PCR Test (corona test as they call here). We filled up a form from Ministry of Health stating our health condition before downloading BeAware Bahrain App which is a very important requirement for all the arrived persons in Bahrain. Since this is my first time in Bahrain, I used my Passport number and a friend's Bahrain mobile number to register. Some returnees used their CPR (civil population registry) number and their Bahrain mobile number. Then we paid 60BHD in a certain machine as for the corona test. After this, we proceed to some counters for approval of app account, photo-op, encoding of individual's details to their system and we had the corona test. The result will be available from 12 hours to 24 hours after the test.

After the slightly painful corona test (compared to Philippines LOL), I proceed to a counter for Visa encoding system where they took a photo of me to be seen in my CPR card. Then they gave me a sim card which carries my formal Bahrain personal mobile number. I proceed to the immigration and the officer attach a Visa sticker to my passport which is valid for one year. He also gave me an appointment for medical checkup as required for the expat workers in the kingdom 2 days from arrival date. And my isolation period starts after this.

Day 1 to 2: I haven't seen the result of my corona test in the BeAware Bahrain App so I called to their hotline 444 to ask for the result. After some hours, they called me and the result is negative. So my isolation period ended. Then I set appointment for the second corona test in the app which is required for the arrived passengers who will stay in Bahrain for more than 10 days. I scheduled the test on the 10th day upon my arrival date. And since I was not able to see the result of corona test in the app, my appointment for medical checkup was moved to anytime and any day after my 10th day of stay.

Day 3 to 9: I was given a go signal to go to our office to report for work. So this became my first day of work. Maybe they allowed me to work even though I haven't take the medical checkup because I had also medical test in Philippines before coming here.

Day 10: I went to Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Center for the scheduled drive thru corona test. Then I received my CPR card. I was mailed to our office. I was surprised because I haven't done with my medical checkup.

Day 11: I tried to look for the second corona test result in the app but it stated that my encoded information is not found in their system. I input my CPR number, CPR expiry date and current Address Block. So I called to 444 to request for the result. In the meantime, our company's HR asked me to register in bank for the issuance of ATM for our payroll. I noticed a different address information from the CPR when the bank officer dig in my information to open a bank account from them. So I had an idea why I couldn't see my corona test results in app. Then I tried to put the address block used by the bank officer to the app and finally I found the result of both test, it was also negative!

Day 12: I went to the clinic for my medical checkup. I brought my own urine and stool sample and I had blood extraction, mantoux test for TB, chest X-ray, and doctor's consultation. I had to go back after 3 days for the checking of my skin for mantoux test result.

Day 15: The medical checkup result was finally available and I was tagged Fit To Work and I had negative result for TB. So, It's safe to say that I am now a formal expat worker in Bahrain!

Closing thoughts: I never thought my employment in Bahrain will push though in this current situation of pandemic. From my arrival until now, I'm still feeling surreal about everything I see here! Forever will be grateful to Almighty God for this blessing of work abroad. I was full of fear in going here because of the pandemic but I learned how to hold on to God will all my heart. Thank you Lord!

I decided to share this because I know how it feels to have many questions in entering a foreign country especially during this time of pandemic

thanks for sharing this. God bless you.

Thanks for sharing.  The point of surprise i.e. CPR is not really a surprise.  In Bahrain, the residence permit and CPR is not linked to the medical like it is in UAE i.e. you can't get it there without being FIT to work.  Here, you can get it before but if not FIT, then you get deported and visa gets cancelled.

Also the CPR address appearing against the account in the beginning is the one entered by the employer in the EMS system.  You would need to get it updated to your real one at a later stage.