Careful with bookings (flights)

FYI:
Be careful with bookings. Some airlines are selling tickets even though the country hasn't allowed commercial inbound flights yet (except from a few Asian countries), and has given no date when that will be happening. So you may be able to book (and pay), but you'll be stuck with a voucher and refund proceedings...

Kurterino wrote:

FYI:
Be careful with bookings. Some airlines are selling tickets even though the country hasn't allowed commercial inbound flights yet (except from a few Asian countries), and has given no date when that will be happening. So you may be able to book (and pay), but you'll be stuck with a voucher and refund proceedings...

If paid by visa or MasterCard there are p oc edited in place by th we organisations to recoup your money.

Dodgy agents .. can't blame them for trying I guess

Jlgarbutt wrote:
Kurterino wrote:

FYI:

If paid by visa or MasterCard there are p oc edited in place by th we organisations to recoup your money.

Dodgy agents .. can't blame them for trying I guess

I'm not talking about agents. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine almost booked a flight from Geneva to HCMC for Nov 16, on klm dot com. There were also offers on the official Qatar website. Since then, KLM no longer has flights on offer before March or February, but I've seen it myself.

Airlines should know better.. maybe the see how many try to book before they decide to operate or even just wait and hope borders will open.

Either way.. contact your card issues they will process the refund

Jlgarbutt wrote:

Airlines should know better.. maybe the see how many try to book before they decide to operate or even just wait and hope borders will open.

They are cash strapped, and will gladly process your booking and hope you will accept a voucher instead of a refund, IMO. In the case of KLM, they just announced a new ‘program' that allows you to get a refund instead of vouchers, but it's still kind of shady.

I've still got two round trip tickets on credit with United.  I wonder if I'll ever get to use them or lose them.  Back when they were credited they said up to 12 months to use them which at the time I thought would never be a problem.  First one was February, second was April.  I probably won't go until June unless things clear up enough that  I can go and confidently get back in.  Would be good to go home for a month in Spring to actually prepare for arrival of my family.  As of this past January I figured I would have still had half a dozen trips home before we moved.

Kurterino wrote:
Jlgarbutt wrote:

They are cash strapped, and will gladly process your booking and hope you will accept a voucher instead of a refund, IMO. In the case of KLM, they just announced a new ‘program' that allows you to get a refund instead of vouchers, but it's still kind of shady.

Agree!  Since the beginning of Sept. all main carriers in the US (AA/Delta/United = 1world/Sky/Star/ has allowed full refund without fees (ask me how I know).   In regards to the entry permit/visa, it has always been the responsibility of the the traveler especially during this abnormal time.

Hello Danrodri/Matthanoi, how are you guys hanging?  What is the condition on the ground today?  Anyone with new news on 5 days quarantine? 

And NO.... I am still looking for my flights without any successes e.g. my Oct 1st was canceled 2 days before my departure.

pppham40 wrote:

Hello Danrodri/Matthanoi, how are you guys hanging?  What is the condition on the ground today?  Anyone with new news on 5 days quarantine?

Here is the thread with recent posts regarding that subject:

expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=905849

Thanks!  I posted in the wrong topic  :)

No I am not drunk yet.  It's Sunday morning here in the US.