Online cars sales website in Vietnam ?

www.chotot.com/

Has new and used, filter search for your area if secondhand be aware that HCMC its 20mill to do plates if the car is outside of HCMC and not on a 51 plate.

Also be aware that some of the adds are take over the payment type sales,, so you will see a newish car for 30mill that's not the actual price so just make sure you know the system before buying.

Best if you know someone who has a car and has done it or is a local and owns one and can tell you more.

used or new? If you are buying new go to all the dealers. used.. not as easy and id be very very cautious. There are a couple dealerships like Hiroshima that have used car lots. I dont know about others

https://www.carmudi.vn/https://m.oto.com.vn/mua-ban-xe-cu-da-qua-su-dung

Thats a huge open ended question, what you after? small hatchback, family saloon, sports, truck, 4x4/

You are going to get a heap of posts asking the same thing,, try to say what you need it for, is it for looking around hcmc? shopping? road trips all over Vietnam?

Also your budget no good looking at Ferrari if you can only afford a Kia if you know what I mean.

Have you driven before in HCMC? that's a huge thing to consider as getting a luxury brand here is a one way ticket to a body repair shop with a big bill at the end of it, one little mistake and your gonna have a bad day.

Also you need a VN licence and paperwork to show you can buy it or its got to be in a locals name.

Without the above you have no insurance cover.

chotot.vn might be a good page to check out for used cars. All in VN but you can figure out a bit and use translator for the key things. For renting cars from private users without driver, to get a feel of driving and check out specific cars, you can rent on a daily basis at mioto.vn. This is cheaper than from a renting agency, it's kind of uber at the beginning but simply car rental. Also, VN, but again, you should be able to navigate around.

Depends on your budget. New is better from a recognised dealer, but beware the crafty ads are not always 100% honest.

You will see dozens of ads for new 2021 model cars but in reality at least half will be last year's cars they haven't sold, but advertised as teh current model and too prices.

I did some research for a car website. Take the Hyundai Santa-Fe, a popular SUV here and was heavily revised for 2021. Some dealers are still pushing the old model under the guise of 2021 despite the vast changes inside and out. Easy to get caught out.

Where you live will also determine how much use you get,  D1 is usually jammed with traffic, the scooter is king here.

Outside the center traffic is a little better.. like 2% at best.

Outside the city . Makes a lot more sense where RTAs involving trucks, buses and other cars make scooter riding risky.

chan teller wrote:

thanks I was looking at cars on vietwheels.com and bonbanh.com they have a lot of cars but would it be best to contact a dealership ? im not getting something crazy lol

At least with a physical dealership if you have any issues the chances they will still be there are greater.

If you do use chotot for references be wary of the sellers photos . If it's claimed to be a dealer or professional advert for a new car and the photos look like someones back yard, or industrial looking carpark they might just be an independent work from home type.

Also you see a lot of adverts with the sake photos for different companies.... Simple things to look out for that could save you hassle further down the line.

chan teller wrote:

thanks I was looking at cars on vietwheels.com and bonbanh.com they have a lot of cars but would it be best to contact a dealership ? im not getting something crazy lol

what are you after

Andybris2020 wrote:
chan teller wrote:

what are you after

https://images.app.goo.gl/vabt7CCC9AN4PWQ27
Perfect for you AB - you'd be able to see over the steering wheel 🤪

Where in HCMC are you,,, how long here, how well you know city? what visa/trc etc are you on how long you here for?

change your search filters to suv and away you go,,, happy hunting.

Jlgarbutt wrote:
Andybris2020 wrote:
chan teller wrote:

what are you after

https://images.app.goo.gl/vabt7CCC9AN4PWQ27
Perfect for you AB - you'd be able to see over the steering wheel 🤪

It does have a certain "apeel" to it, thanks Jigs I'll get the sunroof covered over so you don't melt your bald head when you borrow it.

I've never heard of liability insurance here. You might want to carry 6 figures (US or Euro) to pay the grieving family and authorities if you mow down a girl on a bicycle.

Wait - where is the OP? - who even asked about buying a car? Whatever.

gobot wrote:

I've never heard of liability insurance here. You might want to carry 6 figures (US or Euro) to pay the grieving family and authorities if you mow down a girl on a bicycle.

No idea one min here the next gone.
After coming on asking what car is good he then said he wanted a suv which kinda answered his question.
Anyways he has vanished Like a fart in a storm.

Andybris2020 wrote:
gobot wrote:

No idea one min here the next gone.
After coming on asking what car is good he then said he wanted a suv which kinda answered his question.
Anyways he has vanished Like a fart in a storm.

I'd make sure I had front and rear traffic cameras to back up any claims of innocence in the event of an collision. You only have to watch how the vast majority ride or drive to see an accident is lot for less guaranteed. And with the scooter usually the smaller vehicle, blame nearly always gets apportioned to the other party.

OP maybe bought a car and disappeared

The OP was a spam troll and his original post was deleted, although for some reason, this thread was allowed to remain.

He created an almost identical thread at the same time and that thread was totally deleted