Mvv now time-line

Hi.
So we did my Mvv application on the 26th of July.
Paid the same as it was a online application.
We uploaded all necessary documents required and scanned it in.
We got the confirmation that they received the application the same day and got a letter in the post the week after.
So on the 4th of August they started working on my application and we check every week to see the progress.
But till now we have not heard anything and im getting quite concerned and anxious.
My wife is already back in the Netherlands as she is a Dutch citizen and also are is my sponsor.
I'm still in New Zealand awaiting the application response.
I do not know how long it wil still take and I still have to hand in my passport for the sticker which also takes 10 days apparently.
Any advise please.
Thank you

Hello Trevor,

I made too much digging about MVV process hence I wish to live in Netherlands someday so anyway, the confirmation can take up to 4 weeks, and during the covid-19 period could be more. They would contact you immediately if they found a mistake. So I don't think there is a problem. Of course, I'm not an expert, I just transferred what I've read on IND official website. You could check that website for further information. Good luck with your journey in Netherlands!

Trevor007 wrote:

Hi.
So we did my Mvv application on the 26th of July.
Paid the same as it was a online application.
We uploaded all necessary documents required and scanned it in.
We got the confirmation that they received the application the same day and got a letter in the post the week after.
So on the 4th of August they started working on my application and we check every week to see the progress.
But till now we have not heard anything and im getting quite concerned and anxious.
My wife is already back in the Netherlands as she is a Dutch citizen and also are is my sponsor.
I'm still in New Zealand awaiting the application response.
I do not know how long it wil still take and I still have to hand in my passport for the sticker which also takes 10 days apparently.
Any advise please.
Thank you

Hi Trevor and welcome to the Forum,

90 days was the standard response you would get from IND related to MVV application, this was before COVID where online applications are still going through roughly on time, but paper ones are in a pile waiting to be worked through and will almost certainly take longer than 90 days; so that's your answer, up to 90 days.

You've made the same identical post several times - I've asked that the duplicates be removed from the Forum.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Yeah i have made the same post a few times. Untill I made a new topic.

Thanks for the information.
How will we be notified of the decision?

So it is a good thing if we did not hear back from them straight away,

According to the IND they only do spouse mvv at this time if we understand correctly so it should go quicker right?

Hi again.

Up to 90 days; if it happens sooner, it's a bonus.

I wish you the best of luck with your journey.

Cynic
Expat Team

My mvv was approved within 18 days, it was before covid.

1 of my friends theirs approved after 6 weeks, the other friend 10 weeks.

You were lucky haha.
How did they notify you?
I hope mine will be soon though.
Stressing myself in oblivion haha.
And well I miss my wife so much.
I have already packed up everything here so im patiently waiting.
Thanks for your reply.

Which is IND please.

Sufficient wrote:

Which is IND please.

The IND is the Dutch government department responsible for Immigration and Naturalisation; they have a website, this link will take you straight there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Okay so we have received a message that they require a document. So we send it and I want to know does it take 3 months now again or will it still be in the same timeline?
How does it work please advise

Hi again.

It takes up to 90 days from the date you submit a complete application; so if you submitted the document today, 90 days from today.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

So you say another 90 days 🤔 😔.?
I  mean they only asked for extra documents.

Trevor007 wrote:

So you say another 90 days 🤔 😔.?
I  mean they only asked for extra documents.

Up to 90 days; if you applied on-line, probably a lot quicker than that.