Highly Skilled Migrant - International Credential Evaluation

Hello,

An NL employer wants to hire me as a Highly Skilled Migrant. I qualify for the reduced salary criterion (€2,423) as a recent graduate (2018) with an MSc degree from a top 200 university worldwide.

My question is: do I need to do an International Credential Evaluation for my MSc degree?

I know it needs to be done for the orientation year permit, but I'm not sure if I have to do it for the Highly Skilled Migrant application?

Thanks,

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I don't know for definite and I've gone through the IND information on the subject and it doesn't mention it anywhere with regards to skilled migrant visas, so I think the answer is no, it's not required.

These visas are applied for by your future employer and assuming you're not their first skilled employee, it may be worthwhile asking them.

Hope this helps (a little bit); best of luck with your journey.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi Cynic,

Thank you very much for your reply.

You're right, the IND information doesn't mention it anywhere. I even called them but couldn't get a clear answer as I don't think they understood me correctly.

However, I just came across this document: https://www.hollandalumni.nl/medias/edi … 0388c6.pdf

It states that an evaluation must be done for foreign diplomas in this case.

To be honest I still don't know for certain, and I would rather not have to do it at all as it would save me a lot of time and money!

The future employer has employed Highly Skilled Migrants before but never on the reduced salary criterion, hence the confusion on both sides.

Thanks,
Thaer

Hi again.

No problem; it would be useful to know the answer to your question, so would appreciate it if you could come back and let us know the outcome so we can better inform the next guy who comes along with the same question.

Just to add - your link is now visible and is a really useful document; one item of note, it has a NUFFIC footer on the last page, which if it's authentic (I don't see anything to suggest it's not), is about as good as it gets in terms of authenticity and the facts in it.

So, I think it does answer your question, you do need to go through the process you hoped you didn't - sorry.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi

i am not sure if you still need help but yes, you do need to do this, because you graduated from other countries beside NL :)https://www.nuffic.nl/en/subjects/diploma

there you go :)

good luck