How to export a scrap car from Bahrain

Hi all,

First post here, I'm hoping that some of you may be able to point me in the right direction!

I am looking to buy an old scrap car at auction in Bahrain and export it to Ireland. The car I'm looking at doesn't come with any registration papers and is for scrap only - I want to use the car for parts. The auction house tell me that they can only arrange shipping for cars that have registration papers.

My query - is it possible to export a car as scrap? If so, what paperwork do I need to have for it? I will have a sales receipt from the auction house if I go ahead with the purchase. I am not at all familiar with local laws governing export and I haven't been able to find much information online.

Any advice would be apprecaited! Thank you!

As far as I know, and I could be wrong, since this is something i dealt with almost 5 years ago............when you buy scrap, that export is AS SCRAP.  For official purposes, once the car is at the scrapyard, it is not deemed to be road worthy anymore (especially if it is without papers).   So you can export it as a normal goods / material shipment.   Bringing it into your country will be a different matter altogether.

Suggest to find out the details from Bahrain customs as how you can go about exporting a car that is NOT a car :).