Using own vehicle for crossing to saudia

Hi
I am an Indian & I have a multi entry visit visa for Saudi Arabia. Currently I am on work visa in Bahrain & I own a private car. My question is can I use my vehicle to travel to Saudi Arabia through King Fahad Causeway ? What are the necessary documents I should hold ?

Welcome to the forum.

There is a thread on this section of the forum here which has information.

Can you please send me link

Hi Lookinglearn,

Use this link for your search: https://www.expat.com/en/search/middle-east/bahrain/

Hi,
Yes if the car is registered under your name you just need to get a insurance before you cross the border, rest of the process remains the same. If the car is not registered to you then you will have to get written consent from the owner like a NOC

T&R

Introduction to search but most of the post are for residents in Saudi Arabia willing to travel to Bahrain.
Can you share me link of the post please .

So can I drive in Saudi Arabia with my Bahraini Driving License ??

It works the other way round as well. Carry your original vehicle registration if its in your name and buy insurance for 3rd party in Saudi at the counter before the causeway. That's all you need.

Thanks for the help

@logicalindian hi sir  can you give me any sample of NOC letter because my car owner in china i want to take that car in soudia arabia i don't have any idea whicb kind of NOC my car owner send to me from china. Thanks

Is your car registered in Bahrain or not?  is the owner a CPR holder of Bahrain?

If the answer to both of the above is yes, the owner needs to login to the "etraffic" app, go to issue vehicle authorization for King Fahd Causeway, fill in your CPR details as the authorized person (CPR number, expiry date and block number on CPR). Then on next screen, he needs to put in authorization start and end dates, the countries allowed (will only give him option for Saudi), his and your contact details. The certificate will then be issued and will be automatically entered into causeway customs record.

The manual process is very convoluted and I am not even sure if it is being followed. Besides, for the manual process, the owner needs to go himself.

Is your car registered in Bahrain or not? is the owner a CPR holder of Bahrain?
If the answer to both of the above is yes, the owner needs to login to the "etraffic" app, go to issue vehicle authorization for King Fahd Causeway, fill in your CPR details as the authorized person (CPR number, expiry date and block number on CPR). Then on next screen, he needs to put in authorization start and end dates, the countries allowed (will only give him option for Saudi), his and your contact details. The certificate will then be issued and will be automatically entered into causeway customs record.

The manual process is very convoluted and I am not even sure if it is being followed. Besides, for the manual process, the owner needs to go himself.
-@XTang

My car is registered in Bahrain and the owner is a CPR holder of Bahrain.

Confirming procedure via etraffic app is correct and worked.

it is allowed to choose from any or all  of  GCC , plus Arab countries

It is only about exit from Bahrain via the land border.   Since the only land border is Saudi, that is all it will allow you to choose.   Once out of Bahrain, you can go to any Arab country and there is nothing separate for that.

@XTang Hi dude ,

when I have tried to enter the information it doesn't work. It shows that “No data registered in the system of General directorate of traffic “ Any solution for that? TIA

Is it a bahrain registered car?

Is it in your name?   If not, do you have the correct cpr of the owner?

Because that message means you are entering something incorrectly.

I mean really?   

You need a letter from the owner or authorization via ekey online. If he is not physically here and has no ekey, then you are out of luck.

This means what?   you just need to use some common sense.

Use another car or find another way to go to Saudi.

@XTang if the car ownership is under Bahrain company, how to get this approval? please advise.

https://www.traffic.gov.bh/mcms-store/p … -88254.pdf

Print this out , fill in the details and have the company stamp on it. Once you reach Bahrain customs, tell them you want to get traffic authorization, they'll lead you to a small cabin on the left, this cabin has both the traffic dept and insurance office. You'll need to get insurance first and then the traffic dept will process it for you. After you get the authorization, you'll need to go back to customs.

You can't get company vehicles authorized online.

@XTang Thanks a lot. It is very useful.