The lessons of the crisis in Russia

Hello everyone,

While there is still a certain amount of uncertainty in our lives, the situation seems to be beginning to change in Russia and globally.
We have had to show courage, tenacity and even ingenuity in many areas, in the way we work, in being alone or with our families, in how we look after our children, or we channel our stress and emotions in the face of this health crisis that has turned our daily lives upside down.
We wanted to hear your feedback on these last few months in Russia.

What will you remember from this very special period?

Have these unusual times allowed you discover things about yourselves or your loved ones?

Did this period lead you to make changes in your lifestyle that you would like to maintain in the future? If so, which ones?

How do you plan for the future in Russia? Have the last few weeks caused you to review your priorities or certain projects?

Thank you for your contribution and take care of yourself,

Loïc

Of course we have to review priorities over the period we have been at home.   However, we must remain positive and be thankful that things are now getting back to normal.  At least here in Russia we have excellent dental and medical treatment which is now denied to people in the UK, who cannot even visit the dentist.   So Russia is the best place to weather this crisis.

Hello Moscow expats! For once I actually have the time to write a blog post. I found interesting the comment about cheap health care in Moscow, I have the opposite opinion actually. I'm pregnant with my first child and private health costs will add to nearly 5.000 euros. I would have these costs covered if I paid tax in the UK or Portugal. I'm even married to a Russian but I'm still not entitled to state health care as we can't register in Moscow. I have been living here nearly  5 years so that's quite unfortunate really.

I don't want to sound overly dramatic but we have been in lockdown since around the same time as all other European countries and whilst there are resuming their normal lives we are going through the second peak of the epidemic. I don't think people here are sensible enough with social distancing, every time I go to Billa no one respects the agreed distance on the queue to the till.

I therefore disagree that our lives are going back to normal, as far as I can see we are at the peak of the epidemic and life is getting harder and harder in the city. All the parks are closed, and we are constrained to our small flats and journeys to the supermarket. This has been our life for the past 3 months and there is no clear sign to when is going to stop.

I hope all of you are keeping safe and most of all mentally sane! Social Isolation can be extremely harmful as well!  I hope to hear form  you. Sorry if I sound grim but that's how i actually feel right now, I'm portuguese and I'm bursting!!!!! Let's hope this ends very soon so we can rightfully enjoy our summer. We need it to survive another harsh winter!!
Take care

Here in Yoshkar-Ola, Marij El, the quarantine isolation has been quite sloppy and in fact very laughable, as no one seems to get more sick than after a normal flu, and the self-isolation requirement is  generally laughed at by at least half the population.  Daily walks have not been made impossible, and I have no records of police being ridiculous, as I do from other parts of Russia, and especially from the USA.  It is clear that this whole thing really is not about protecting us from disease, but about getting small businesses shut down and have us all well under control.  Hopefully, people will continue the rebellion and get back to normal, but that hope is faint.  If this crisis has taught me anything but the facts about human stupidity, it is that I now have to get self-sufficient with food. Here in Russia, this is possible - the real estate market is very favourable for a buyer that is willing to move away from the city, so I am selling my apartment and buying a home in the country.

Hello Moehc,
Sorry, not sure how to spell your name. Wouldn't moving into the country be an overly isolating experience? I often think about it and think of it's advantages but the isolation in such a remote territory pulls me back even though in lived in the country before. Are you using avito to buy the house or an estate agent? Can you share your contact please, I'm also looking to buy but we have few contracts in Moscow, cheers )))

Hello guys,
Is Russia still on lockdown? If yes, which cities are on lockdown?